So I think I may have bent my chord? Like on the end of it. It still works I have to jiggle it a little. Is there any quick fix? Also my bass input jack is like broke. The input jack is in but my pickguard around the jack is broke, any quick fix for that? I really don't want to rip my jack out :[
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
For the cord: That happened to me before when my strap came off, only it was so bent over you couldn't fit in the jack. Your best bet is to just get a new one.

Input jack: If your not sure how to fix it, then take it to a luthier to get fixed. (You could also get your bass setup while your there too).
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I am gathering you are talking about your Precision Bass. The electronics are dead easy in these (even I work on my P bass). If its just a tightening of the nut around the jack (which secures it to the pickguard) you could do that yourself.

But I am a little confused, are you saying that the pickguard itself is cracked? Or is the issue with the nut that secures the jack?

On the cable, the best thing to do is replace it.
The pickguard its self is crack, the piece actually fell off and i put in back under the bolt. when i put a cord in it just doesnt hold up at all and the piece falls out. And when the pickguard piece falls out it just doesnt hold the input jack safely. Im about to post a picture.
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
Sorry for the double post but here's my picture. You couldnt see all of the crack from the picture but you could see the left side. the red line is also a crack. the arrow shows the other crack that whole piece to the jack just falls off leaving my jack unsecure.

Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
You need a new pickguard, The jack and the pots on Precision basses are anchored to the pickguard, which is shielded on the inside.

Try a local shop or www.stewmac.com or countless other sites that sell Squier / Fender parts.
ok what did i do wrong so that i dont do it again?
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp