Ok, I usually buy all of my music. I'm just trying to download something that I can't seem to find anywhere else. I download it, try to open with iTunes or Win Media Player, and it says it is in an unknown format. Any help?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
bump
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

Bury Me In Smoke
Don't bump. It's against the rules.

But if you want help we need to know what format it is. Go to the folder that has the files and check the individual files and tell us what format it is in ".mpeg4, .aac, .flak, etc).
Are you sure you didn't just try to play the .torrent file?

you did use a torrent client like utorrent or bitcomet etc. didn't you?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Right click on the file(s) and go to properties, it should tell you the format.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
it says something like TPB torrent as its format.

and I have no idea what a torrent client is. How can I get one>
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
google utorrent, download it. works really well. to download music, click the download link on the site, and open the torrent file with utorrent.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Yeah, the file you've got just links a torrent program to seeds and peers to download the files from. You still need something like uTorrent or Bitlord.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
*reported*
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
cool, thanks for the help guys. im obviously not too computer savvy.
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
Wait, you downloaded a torrent file that's probably around 100 KB and you thought you downloaded an entire album or something?

You have much to learn about computers.
Quote by Archaon
Wait, you downloaded a torrent file that's probably around 100 KB and you thought you downloaded an entire album or something?

You have much to learn about computers.

wtf...
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
wtf...

Torrent files = ~100kilobytes.

Thats a VERY small file. I THINK it contains addresses for where the torrent program can find the files needed and download them. Im not sure about that, it's speculation on my behalf.

An album will actually be about 50 - 120Megabits. 1024 Kbs = 1Mbs. So they are just slightly bigger files and take a longer time.