Ok *deep breath*
I'm going to attempt to start an intelligent thread in the pit.

Me and a bud a currently assigned with a project concerning the relationship between rock music and culture/society/technology in the new millenium. We've come up with a couple of good examples of how these elements have affected eachother. I posted this thread to welcome a few other ideas from UG.

These are the points we've come up with:
1) Games like Guitar Hero and Rock band are bringing rock music to a wider audience.
2) Internet downloading is revolutionizing the music business, both by starting to make record companies obsolete and allowing bands to independently put out music.
3) Social networking sites allow bands to bring their music to a wider audience.

I get the feeling i might be leaving out a few of rock music's affects on society, but those were the first topics we've come up with. Please feel free to add anything we might have forgot.

Thanks from Johnny
Those last two points are more about music in general rather than just rock and roll. You should talk about new innovations for rock instruments, i.e. Gibson Robot guitar, etc.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by boreamor
Dontcha know? All rock music is about devil worshipping and telling people to commit suicide...

+1
Thats what they want to hear.
Quote by Andrusho
+1
Thats what they want to hear.

Might I suggest suicide solution by ozzy.
hue
There IS a connection between Rock Music and the increased number of ****tards in school.
Quote by -Vogel-
There IS a connection between Rock Music and the increased number of ****tards in school.

Idiot poster is Idiotic.

That was THE stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. Music DOES NOT create retardation. You're a ****ing moron.
Last edited by boreamor at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by -Vogel-

I thought that was mainstream music. Music that's like "all da niggaz in da hood, steal dem money, damnit Im sow cuul"...well, that's the effect it has on teenagers in this country. They're thinking...Oh, that's so cool. "Gangster"style. Wow. And they're raised in completely normal homes
I'm pretty sure theres alot of ****tards who listen to rock too though. xD
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by johnny butt
Ok *deep breath*
I'm going to attempt to start an intelligent thread in the pit.

Me and a bud a currently assigned with a project concerning the relationship between rock music and culture/society/technology in the new millenium. We've come up with a couple of good examples of how these elements have affected eachother. I posted this thread to welcome a few other ideas from UG.

These are the points we've come up with:
1) Games like Guitar Hero and Rock band are bringing rock music to a wider audience.
2) Internet downloading is revolutionizing the music business, both by starting to make record companies obsolete and allowing bands to independently put out music.
3) Social networking sites allow bands to bring their music to a wider audience.

I get the feeling i might be leaving out a few of rock music's affects on society, but those were the first topics we've come up with. Please feel free to add anything we might have forgot.

Thanks from Johnny

This can never happen
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by maidenrulz19
This can never happen

and yet, he ends his message with a buttkiss. How superr serial.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Dude my school has this class called
Socio-Political History Of Rock And Roll
but its only for juniors and seniors
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
Quote by boreamor
Dontcha know? All rock music is about devil worshipping and telling people to commit suicide...

haha +1, i love it when ignorant people say that
Quote by -Vogel-

yeah, all the idiots take everything to extreme obessions. ps2, masturbation, rock.
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
how about drugs

don't just want to point the finger on rock N ROll but It's SEX, DRUGS, AND ROCK N ROLL