*peers around corner*

Ok, so I've been interested in ballet lately. No no no, I don't want to take up ballet that would be weird.

Rather I'd like to start viewing ballets, and as of now I know...less than nothing about it. I think the dancers look so graceful and beautiful when they do it, so I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this type of dance.

Anyone here practice ballet?
(doubtful)

Anyone like me just like to watch it? If so, recommendations would be wonderful.

*hides*
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina.. But my mom forced me to play soccer.

I like watching it on public access channels. They have all the buff black guys on there.
Quote by minibrowny
Word on the street is, this girl called axel i think it was, spent the night in a disused barn eating owls.
Quote by mulletman500
I like my women like I like my coffee... male.

Yeah, but I sing like an amputee though.
Why?
'Cause. Can't hold a note, can't carry a tune.
See if you have the culture channel. I got to watch Ivan the Terrible by Sergei Prokofiev (I think) once. It was pretty awesome.

I'm a culture noob
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
See if you have the culture channel. I got to watch Ivan the Terrible by Sergei Prokofiev (I think) once. It was pretty awesome.

I'm a culture noob

The Culture Channel? I don't know.

We have Ovation...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
*peers around corner*

Ok, so I've been interested in ballet lately. No no no, I don't want to take up ballet that would be weird.

Rather I'd like to start viewing ballets, and as of now I know...less than nothing about it. I think the dancers look so graceful and beautiful when they do it, so I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this type of dance.

Anyone here practice ballet?
(doubtful)

Anyone like me just like to watch it? If so, recommendations would be wonderful.

*hides*

Billy Elliot?

Izzat you? Izzat really you?
Quote by walkinbazooka
Rather I'd like to start viewing ballets, and as of now I know...less than nothing about it. I think the dancers look so graceful and beautiful when they do it,

And then you're going to masturbate, right?
Billy Elliot! Yeah, I loved that film. But that's too much of a story.
Quote by LordBishek
Billy Elliot?

Wha...?
Quote by Chobes
And then you're going to masturbate, right?

No.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by ctb
Billy Elliot! Yeah, I loved that film. But that's too much of a story.

Thats the film where that girl goes, "wanna see me fanny?", right?
Quote by valdean
I don't really like men with thight pants jumping around.

I like women in tight pants jumping around . . .

I saw a ballet once . . . It was okay. I can't believe the whole standing on your toes thing though, that's just ****ing brutal.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
I like women in tight pants jumping around . . .

I saw a ballet once . . . It was okay. I can't believe the whole standing on your toes thing though, that's just ****ing brutal.

So true. Have you ever tried that? Fucking impossible.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by LordBishek
Billy Elliot?

My thoughts exactly
oh your gay. your gay, you are so gay. your like at a severe gay cuz your so gay. you like it when balls are in your face. later homo
Quote by deathbat831
oh your gay. your gay, you are so gay. your like at a severe gay cuz your so gay. you like it when balls are in your face. later homo

Very nice contribution.
Quote by shattamakar

I believe they made a ballet adaptation of Jason Becker's "End of the Beginning", which I consider to be an awesome song. If that helps.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Opera > Ballet.

Don't get me wrong- it's beautiful and amazing, but I find it a lot more difficult to stay interested for long.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Opera > Ballet.

Don't get me wrong- it's beautiful and amazing, but I find it a lot more difficult to stay interested for long.

I'm also an Opera fan. I'm fairly well versed in it too.
Quote by Aus-10
I think they have special shoes that let them stand on their toes, due to squared ends on the shoe-toe part.

Yeah, but it still puts loads of pressure on the toes, feet, and legs.
Quote by shattamakar