I'm looking into another guitar. Either:
- Jackson Rhoads, preferably the RX10D.
- Ibanez RGR420EX
I currently have a Jackson KVX10. This is mainly for metal by the way, like Lamb of God, Trivium, Children of Bodom and such.
I like the RX10D and the RGR420EX.
But, I want to know which of the two sound better.
Please and thanks guys.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
i would have to say the Jackson would sound better... was never much of an ibanez fan.. i'm sure you';ll definitely get more out of the rhoads model, and you'll look cooler(hehe)
I prefer RG's, but that's just taste. It's worth noting that you already have a V, and look in need of an amp upgrade.
I'd go for the Jackson but go for the model up, the RR3 its worth it and its not very much more
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Neither. Amp. I'd get a Peavey VK 112 to replace your spider.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sepultura alma
I'd go for the Jackson but go for the model up, the RR3 its worth it and its not very much more

I played one of these at Guitar Center. These things are amazing sounding. The think about them tho is for me they were hard to play, their small feeling guitars. The necks are very comfortable on them although.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I'd go with the Ibanez if you do a tremolo OFR swap; Edge III isn't what you would call horrible but it's hard as hell to set up and impossible to be relied on. Also the EMG designed BS is retarded.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Is my Spider III really that bad? I like it...
I guess I'll go for the RR3 then. I'll be sure to try out both the RX10D AND the RR3.
I'll check and test the Peavy as well.
Thanks guys.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
u already got a v man, get a dinky or sumthing if u want jackson. ibanez rg321 with pup swap would be good too.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
the Edge III bridge on the Ibanez isn't a good bridge. So the jackson isn't the better choice get the RR3 instead of the RX10D but a new guitar isn't going help until you buy a better amp.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
definatly save up for a jackson rr3
i played an rx10d and there ok but the tremolos realy stiff
from what i hear the rr3 is suppose to be realy good and i might get one soon
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by jayrhox
i would have to say the Jackson would sound better... was never much of an ibanez fan.. i'm sure you';ll definitely get more out of the rhoads model, and you'll look cooler(hehe)

Threads like this you will get nothing but opinions... opinions are fine, but when your choosing an instrument the best is to find and play each yourself and figure out which YOU are comfortable with and like the sound of. Opposed to the person I quoted above, I have never been a Jackson fan, but neither of our opinions amount to a hill of beans really. Everyone has THEIR preferences, you should try them and make your own.
Washburn N4
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck
Warmoth Strat w/ SD and fender PU's
Carvin VL212
ADA MP1
Boss GT-10
I never really liked the rhoads V but jackson are better for metal in my mind then ibanze