I really like the sound of my gt-8 though when it is on i can not use my amp distortion because it sucks the tone out of it. Has this ever happened to you?
That's because it's designed for use on the clean channel

It's one of the best multi-FX pedals on the market. Jeez, if they're good enough for Opeth... the problem is more likely to be with your use of it. Besides, I'm pretty sure the distortion it provides will be better than that of your amp, unless it's a decent tube one.
well its wasy then just put it on the clean side of your amp dont use the distortion channel
use it on the clean side and then use the GT-8 for distortion
Blasphemy
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Use the four-cable method and run the effects through the effects loop like you're supposed to.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It doesn't suck, it just takes a lot of time to get used to it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i sold mines because it changed the tone on my jubilee alot, i only wanted it for the effects no the distortion
Quote by scottish nutter
i sold mines because it changed the tone on my jubilee alot, i only wanted it for the effects no the distortion

That's Boss modeling for you... crap.
Quote by Guitarmiester
That's Boss modeling for you... crap.

The GT-8 is fantastic, and it doesn't ruin the sound of the amp at all provided you take the time to set it up properly.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
how much does a GT-8 go for? better yet a gt-10? in Canadian if possible
Equipment:
=>Gibson ES-137 (Custom) Classic
=>Ibanez 4String Soundgear
=>Peavey Milestone IV
=>Boss Overdrive Bass pedal
=>Vox T-15
=>Traynor 71' Bass Master
=>Traynor Custom Reverb
=>Fender 15-R
I sold my multi effect processors years ago and never looked back. They do kill your tone all you have to do is a/b sometime and that will tell. The only processor we use is the eventide. What goes in is what comes out.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd