alright so im deciding just to update my MIM HSStrat instead of buying a new guitar, but I want to make it different (not a paint job) it is black with the maple neck and all the parts are stocked. I think im going to get seymour duncans or dimarzios to replace pickups. So my questions are... If I like playing blues, hard rock, and classic rock what would be a good pickup setup, and what color schemes should I go with (pickguard, pickups, knobs, switch, and the whammy)? Find X....
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
id say a dimarzio evo in the bridge just because im a fan of them for all styles...and get an area 61 single for the neck and an area 58 for the middle. thats just what i would do though, i love those tones.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
for the humbucker get a SD Jeff Beck, AMAZING pickup for any music
as for look, i really like guitars that have a black pickguard and a white body, especially if it has a maple neck
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
It really isn't going to make any appreciable difference if you're using a Microcube - it's not worth the money you'll spend.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
im going to upgrade that later not sure to what yet , but hey the micro cube does a good job for being a light practice amp
And let go of regret
It does, it's great...however it's not going to respond to a pickup change so if you upgraded them you'd just be wasting your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

all im saying is im going to eventually spend the money anyway... also guitar is all my money is going into right now... well that and gas... and food... i dont pay bills yet.. but i have a pretty good scholarship at my college where they will give 10% of my expenses back and next year ill get 30% back...
And let go of regret
There's nothing wrong with spending money, I just don't see the point of spending it on stuff that isn't going to do anything. The Microcube doesn't really care what pickups you're using, it relies on all it's circuitry to sound good, and sound good it does.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

X = this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc
or this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Custom-Classic-AC15CC1-15w-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103635231-i1145854.gc
I kinda side with Actually called Mark. An amp is going to go way farther in bettering your sound than changing pick ups would. You will get much more bang for your dollar by getting a tube amp.
i will buy a tube amp in the summer probably, but for right now i am in a dorm room so a tube amp......... and a dorm room... do not go all too well with each other... but yes dont worry i will buy a better amp cause the cube is really just to have with me in my dorm..
And let go of regret
Tell me about it, dorm room? I live in a condo with 80 yr old blue haired volume nazis. (So I got the small vox). Changing pick ups will help your sound some, absolutely. You're in college, maybe use the money for better beer? That will make you sound better too.
haha only problem is i dont drink...
And let go of regret