I'm trying to go for a Frusciante sound I think, what type of big muff should i get?
^ +1
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Either a boost or a bit of added distortion to the Fender, I'm guessing he needs it running it next to the Marshall.
it's a very old schematic from 1999-2001. If You want John's sound, buy Boss DS-2 first and then Big Muff or English Muff'N.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by Karol1701
it's a very old schematic from 1999-2001. If You want John's sound, buy Boss DS-2 first and then Big Muff or English Muff'N.

The only real John sound you can get out of the Muff'n is Especially in Michigan, and some other random bits on Stadium Arcadium. John uses/used the American, but IMO the Russian is nicer. I guess you should try out all 3 Muffs and see what you prefer.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Karol1701

english muffin and the Big muff are to different animals man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^ But John changed his Big Muff on an English Muff'N on Tour... MAN...

And I can't agree with You Faisal... actually You can achieve John's sound with it... live sound for sure... as You know John used it in the second part of the Tour soo... it's pretty obvious that with the same pedal You can get almost the same things... almost because I'm sure nobody has a Silver Jubilee and Major with loads of Moogs.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
If you're going to buy a muff to get the Frusciante sound, go with the NY reissue, although its important to note that unless you have a good marshall tube amp and a strat, its most definitely going to sound very different than his.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat