I have heard many times that the word 'assassination' was invented by Shakespeare. However as far as I know, his plays were just the first places where the word was recorded. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean he invented it. Then, again wouldn't it be in the dictionary first? So tell me, pit monkeys, did Shakespeare, or did he not, invent the word 'assassination'.
The dictionary wasn't written until the regency period. Thus Shakespeare couldn't have had one.
Doctor Johnson ftw.
The dictionary didn't exist till after Shakespeare was dead.

Edit: Beaten
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
He did. Language was being standardised around this time so there were many other records of language.

Also this word cannot be traced to any other origin, it was not borrowed from latin, or french, or norse, or old german, nor was it a celtic word. Therefore it was made up by shakespeare.
He could have, or it could have been a word floating about that he picked up.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
actually, the word assassin comes from the word hassassin, which comes the name of a drug called hasith (or something close to that). this drug was taken by a group of killers after they had murdered. they got called hassassins, we changed it to assassin.
owned much?
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
was assassin not devived from a hashshashian though?

EDIT: heh, beaten to it
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Didn't he invent c*nt as well?

Thats what I've heard.

Although elizabethan men said they were c*ntstruck when they were attracted by a womans scent I believe.
Quote by DH1
actually, the word assassin comes from the word hassassin, which comes the name of a drug called hasith (or something close to that). this drug was taken by a group of killers after they had murdered. they got called hassassins, we changed it to assassin.
owned much?

The Hashashins were killers of some sort, and they were smokers of hashish. The H, transliterated from Arabic to English, is weaker than the typical H used today, and assassin is a natural movement from hashashin.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
So was "loneliness", I believe.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Dan Brown brought this up, and it's correct.

Btw, they seem like nice folk.

thats where i got it from. just finished reading Angels and Demons. damn good book.
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
yeah i got this from Dan Brown. Although, Shakespeare did invent Punk and Leapfrog amongst others
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Back before the crusades, Muslim clerics paid other specialized muslims to take out jewish targets in Jerusalem for their cause. Later, they took out Christians in Jerusalem. In the beginning, "Assassins" were paid with Hash, and later cash once the Muslim clerics began recieving "donations" from religous groups.

The term "Assassinate, or Assassination" comes from these silent killers.

I think the above information is mostly correct, this is all from memory.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.