Kipsy1203
21 IQ
Hey guys,
I just started a band that's composed of drums, guitar, bass, piano, sax and a singer. We're sounding really together jamming to rock or blues jams, but I'm trying to figure out a set list of songs that would work real well to play in bars with college age people. I could really use some help. I was thinking about playing some classic rock tunes, but I am having trouble finding songs that we could include sax in. Thanks
Retro Rocker
Banned
777 IQ
Bad To The Bone - George Thorogood
Back in Time / Power of Love - Huey Lewis
Johnny B. Goode

Off the top of my head.
Kipsy1203
21 IQ
the sax is one of the best players in the band and can play mostly anything so we cant get rid of him ;-)
Damascus
The Insect King
307 IQ
Quote by TaintedFearSBT
money - pink floyd

If you want to play classic rock with a saxaphone and don't cover this song, you don't deserve to be gigging.

EDIT: If he's good enough, just as an aside, the saxophonist probably could play chords. Well, he could play dryads - I used to know a very technically proficient trombonist who told me about skilled brass players who could 'sing' a note whilst blowing air into their instrument and fingering a (different) note, thus creating two seperate tones. Not sure reed instruments could replicate this, but as I'm not overly familiar with either class, I don't really see why not.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Damascus at Mar 18, 2008,