I have fairly large hands, but I like to play fast (Cliffs of Dover) and play blues. What's the best neck radius for me, 12"?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Try a few different ones out and find out.

Smaller radius for chords etc 6-8 ish, flatter for shredding 16-20 ish

you could always try a compound radius for the best of both worlds.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I find a flatter radius is better for bending too, both the ease of doing it, but also because the string is less likely to fret out when you've set it up for low action.
From a technical standpoint, a Compound radius (12" - 16" or 12" - 14" like on a Jackson import) is the best, allowing you to easily chord up on the top and get huge bends down at the bottom. It's really all preference though. 10" feel nice and small, which you may like, but I find they are a bit harder to play on than most. And absent Mind, I don't know where you are getting your numbers; fretboard radii run from 10" to 18" IIRC.
erm? There are tons of different radii you can use, any radius is theoretically possible.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Leveling/2/Fretboard_Radius-sanding_Blocks.html

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I personally love compound radius, you get the best of everything, unless you like to play barre chords at the 20th fret.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
I'd love to have a conical radius on a home made guitar, but I don't know if I could set up the jig to be sturdy enough. I think I thought of a good principle, though.
Quote by CJRocker
... And absent Mind, I don't know where you are getting your numbers; fretboard radii run from 10" to 18" IIRC.
I think vintage Fenders have a 7" or 7.5" radius.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I think vintage Fenders have a 7" or 7.5" radius.

Actually the vintage Fenders are 7.25, so I guess the question is; CJRocker, where are you getting your numbers from??

I have a Mighty Mite compound neck that goes from 9.5 to 12. I like it so much that I have two more to put on a strat and a tele.