OK, I'm looking to get and amp this week, and I'll probably have about $150 to spend, give or take a few. So I need to know what kind of Amp to get. I've seen some Vox ones that look like they may be good. I've also tried a Roland Cube 20x and that played well too. I'm also taking the Marshall MG15FX into considerartion. My other option would be to get a less feature driven amp for around $100 and then get a good distortion pedal to use with it. What do you guys think?

P.S. I'm not getting a Spider. I tried it when I got my guitar and I didn't like it, so don't go suggesting that.
stretch your budget a bit and get a used epiphone valve junior combo and a cheap overdrive pedal such as the bad monkey...thats what i would do
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Get a good multi-effect unit and play your guitar through that with quality headphones or stereos. A $150 amp isn't gonna do you any good.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
The Roland or Vox would be good, although you'd be better saving for the Cube 30 (more amp models + effects). The Marshall ain't very great tbh.

If you don't wan't high-gain tones then what Otsugua siad would be good too.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
In my opinion the marshal is a waste of your time, while the Vox's are pretty good, but I think most people will suggest the Cube.

If you can find one though, I'd suggest trying a Kustom 12 Gauge. It's got less features than the Cube, but I find it's got seriously awesome tone for a cheap SS amp. It just seems warmer and smoother than the Cube and the Vox ones I've tried.
doesnt this question get asked like 100 times a day?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~

"Idiot"