when i started playing guitar a year ago, i was an idiot and bought a lin6 spider II.
now im looking for a tube amp with lots of distortion, i pretty much only play death metal and other similar types of metal.
i was thinking about geeting maybe a peavey valveking or a b-52 at112.
but the valveking didnt quite give me enough distortion so i figure ill get a bbe green screamer to go along with it.
Would the green screamer boost the distortion good enough without ruining the tone?
My friend bought the B-52 AT-112 and that thing kicks some ass. But, I think his was a 212 model. Anyway, the distortion on there is everything form bluesy to creamy to crunchy, and with all the channels and effects, its really a versatile amp.
yeah even though its 150 dollars more it looks nicer
so is the distortion good enough to play deathcore without a pedal?
I didn't have the distortion up very high because I'm not a metal guy, but he is and he says it gets it done just fine, plus all the people I've talked to and all the reviews I've read said that B-52 is known for gratuitous amounts of gain, and that they are definitely metal amps. I had the gain on like maybe 3 and it was even a little heavy for blues, so I would say at higher settings it should be just fine for metal.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
yeah even though its 150 dollars more it looks nicer
so is the distortion good enough to play deathcore without a pedal?

I dont know what the **** that is but its got like two diffrent kinds of distortion
I tought the first one was pretty gainny but the second one is lovely if you want fuzz and the distortion is ****ing out of this world
definately get the B-52 no pedal required
maybe all you will want is an octave pedal and a EHX Q-tron but other than that your set to go
Quote by saltysnail
b-52s are known as a poor man's mesa

That phrase is a common misconception around here that usually gets thrown around by those who have never even played a Mesa.
yeah mesas are something
but this amp looks like itws what i want since ive heard the valveking had bad speakers and tubes
and i didnt want to pay even more to rep[lace them
I am not a fan of Peavey myself. I got in trouble for saying this once, but they just seem cheap. Not saying that the B-52 is not a cheap amp, I've just had some bad experiences with Peavey.