I decided to change my strings for the first time. My problem is I cant get the strings to stay wrapped around the tuning pegs. I wrap them around tight and hold them tight while I tune and as soon as I let go, they fly off the peg. What am I doing wrong?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
You need to put the end into the hole in the middle of the post(I think its called a post?) and then wrap it round a few times. Also, I think this should go in the guitar and bass basics forum.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
What tuners do you have?

Lay your bass down. If there's a hole running through the tuning post horizontally, chuck the string through that, wrap it around manually a couple of times (top to bottom), and then tune up normally.

If there is no horizontal hole, look top down at your tuning post. There should be a vertical hole in the centre. Shove the string in there, wrap around the post a few times manually, and then tune up normally.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

If there is no horizontal hole, look top down at your tuning post. There should be a vertical hole in the centre. Shove the string in there, wrap around the post a few times manually, and then tune up normally.

This is what I have. Thanx for the help. Ive changed my guitar strings several times before, but this is my first time changing my bass strings and the lack of horizontal holes had me baffled.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
This is what I have. Thanx for the help. Ive changed my guitar strings several times before, but this is my first time changing my bass strings and the lack of horizontal holes had me baffled.

I have to admit, I'd never seen the ol' "hole in the tuning peg base" thing on a guitar. It's pretty simple though.
Quote by MopTheFloors
theres a hole in the peg....btw, how long have u been playing

guitar for 8 months, bass for 2
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92