Been researching this for a little while now...I gig out with both acoustic and electric guitars. My acoustic is active and I'm sick of unplugging it while on stage, it just looks cheesy and then picking it up and having to plug it back in. Is there any way I could use a footswitch maybe an A/B switch to simulate it being unplugged to turn off the Active pickup or is it based on resistance?

Thanks,
Pat
As far as I know it's just completing a circuit so you do have to unplug to save the battery, but does it really bother you that much? The batteries last for ages don't they?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah it does cause when I'm playing solo I have to walk all the way over to the mixer and mute the channel before I unplug, then when I return I have to plug back and walk back over and unmute, it just doesn't look professional at all.

Pat
Quote by pahtcub
Yeah it does cause when I'm playing solo I have to walk all the way over to the mixer and mute the channel before I unplug, then when I return I have to plug back and walk back over and unmute, it just doesn't look professional at all.

Pat

Ahh, I see now, I thought you were worried about the battery life.

Yes, you can buy an a/b pedal, plug your electric into one side, the acoustic in the other and send the output to your amp or whatever then just click the switch when you need to change.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
But will that also cut off the battery usage? Or do I have to still walk back over and unplug? I wasn't talking about using both guitars on one input, just the acoustic to the mixer, so I would leave it pluged in, but on output "B" with nothing hooked to it...would that save my battery? Thanks for the quick responces!
Last edited by pahtcub at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by pahtcub
But will that also cut off the battery usage? Or do I have to still walk back over and unplug? I wasn't talking about using both guitars on one input, just the acoustic to the mixer, so I would leave it pluged in, but on output "B" with nothing hooked to it...would that save my battery? Thanks for the quick responces!

No, the only way to stop your battery being drained is to physically unplug the instrument but if you're worried about looking stupid then just suck it up and pay for new batteries more often; they aren't exactly bank-breakingly expensive are they?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
You haven't seen the venues I play at:-) J/K I gotcha.

thanks,
P