sorry pics turned out terrible, but anyway:

what started as a FAB 'metal' distortion is now ripped apart. i re-did a few components, did better grounding which actually cut down a lot of noise, and it'll be going into an aluminum enclouser which will be well grounded.

now as you can see they used a really ****ty and cheap switch, shown in pic number 1. its just a very small black plastic box with a very small piece of plastic sticking off of it, when pressed, turns the circuit on. now my goal is to buy some kind of switch, i dont care what kind, doesnt need crazy bypass and all that stuff, just something that can be changed with the foot, i dont know if i'd need the 3pdt or if any other switches are available.

BUT i cant tell from the circuitry which of the 4 solder joints are hot/ground/negative, what have you. is there any way that anyone can do like a paint job over it, tell me how to wire it to any switch?

thanks guys!
Attachments:
pedal circuit1.jpg
pedal circuit2.jpg
pedal circuit3.jpg
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
yeah i know its terrible, phone was only avilable, dont have a digicam. there are 4 solder lugs on the PCB where the switch is attached.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
anyone? im in a rush slightly..
Quote by Invader Jim
Dude, nobody can give honest, reliable advice without decent pictures. Well, not anybody who cares about preventing you from nuking your pedal.
lol, i doubt the switch would nuke it totally. it's got 4 leads that are soldered to the PCB. what type of switch could be used, in a stompbox, with the four leads. is that a more appropriate question? i just wanted another opinion. thank you.
Quote by Invader Jim
thank you very much sir, a good honest answer. (i hope)
Quote by Invader Jim
I'd put money on it being electronic bypass, so chances are it's a SPST/SPDT. Take the switch out and find out.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i bet it is electronic bypass, not true bypass, because they made it as cheeply as possible. but i'm not sure on hot/ground etc. hopefully i'll find a camera somewhere and get some decent pics up for that.

so you're thinking the SPST or SPDT would work. i wonder if this would be reliable..

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062542&cp=&sr=1&origkw=on+off+switch&kw=on+off+switch&parentPage=search

but that only has 3 lugs, while the one currently on there has four. so im tihnking DPDT would be the way to go. i'll post again when i have pictures.
Quote by Invader Jim
okay, well i wont be able to get pics, digicam isnt available afterall.

BUT I'm assuming that a DPDT is needed because it has four lugs, not two or three. but i dont know how to wire the DPDT with these four leads..rather where they would be soldered to. unless there are two hot and two ground connected to this switch that is currently on the PCB, which i could combine into one. chances are this might be the case , because im assuming it isnt true bypass, rather electronic bypass because dano probably wanted to save money to sell it cheaper. no 3pdt or anything.

so can someone confirm to me in any way what switch to use, or what leads would go where onto a DPDT or SPST? or is it posible that this switch has two hot and two ground and i just need to combine them ??

i've gotten myself rather befuddled. where is SYK when you need him
Quote by Invader Jim
thanks dude! that actually makes a lot of sense now.

the bottom two lugs dont need grounded either do they, they just hang there. and yeah, i see now, just use top four lugs on DPDT, connect to the 4 connections on the PCB.

wow im sorry

i'll experiment and see what happens!

thank you all!

any other suggestions are welcome.
Quote by Invader Jim