not sure what to call this or where to put it...
why do pinch harmonics sound like crap on my SG?
i can do them great on other guitars so it isnt me i know
i have stock epiphone humbuckers on it and nothin unusual i dont think has been done to it
you answered your own question when you said stock epiphone humbuckers, i find you can get okay pinch harmonics out of them but high gain pickups from EMG or seymour duncan or dimarzio will be much sweeter.
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
& im pretty sure this is in the total wrong place....

so guess what im going to do....

NOTHING!!! XD

cos i dont care if you post in the wrong place...

i love you
Quote by mosh_face
you answered your own question when you said stock epiphone humbuckers, i find you can get okay pinch harmonics out of them but high gain pickups from EMG or seymour duncan or dimarzio will be much sweeter.

what he said
i was actually thinking i might need to do that i was just makin sure, didnt want to shell out extra cash if ididnt really have to. but i guess i have to. are those new Blackouts any good from seymour duncan? i benn lookin at em for a while
Get some seymour duncans

P.S make sure you post threads in the right forum Mr. TS
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
has ANYBODY tried BLackouts? im lookin at either them or Dave Mustaine Livewires. demo'd the livewires already, but the local store doesnt have blackouts
I have a Blackout in my Alexi Laiho signature ESP (ltd). Pinch harmonics sound sick. Howeverm you've gotta have a decent amp and guitar for them to sound as nice as you hear on records.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
i like the rythm tone on the livewres though. should i put a blackout in the neck position and a livewire in bridge? the SGs tone is awesome and there arent enough metal bands that use them anymore, and i dont really want to get a new guitar im so used to this one