Title says it all.

Mine would probably be a tie between Caparison and ESP.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
It would have to be between Caparison and Vigier
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Caparison. Out of my price range though

Jackson is cool too. Still, way out of my price range
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Carvin.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
Black Machine: Linky

Beautiful instruments.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Caparison

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Carvins are so beautiful...I just wouldnt feel worthy if I owned one. and i wouldnt touch it out of fear of smudging it
I don't know if this is normal or anything, but the other day I was doing that ESP Custom Shop Online Quote thing. And I basically re-created the LTD EC400 except I changed the finish to Snow White and put a Seymour Duncan JB & a '59 on it. It ended up costing around $4500 USD when the LTD EC400 is like $929. Is that normal? I'm almost 100% sure that the thing is just like the EC400 except the finish and pickups.
Quote by leephan
I don't know if this is normal or anything, but the other day I was doing that ESP Custom Shop Online Quote thing. And I basically re-created the LTD EC400 except I changed the finish to Snow White and put a Seymour Duncan JB & a '59 on it. It ended up costing around $4500 USD when the LTD EC400 is like $929. Is that normal? I'm almost 100% sure that the thing is just like the EC400 except the finish and pickups.

You could order a guitar with the exact specs as another regular production model and get a higher quality instrument from the custom shop...
Quote by 4regt4
You could order a guitar with the exact specs as another regular production model and get a higher quality instrument from the custom shop...

I see....
Ormsby!!!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by leephan

I tried that online custom quote thing with the ESP Viper...of course the specs were a lot different...I added a custom inlay option and changed a few things...so mine (if I ever bought it) would end up costing me about $6300.

Do any of these other companies (Carvin, Caparison, etc.) make customs at prices cheaper than these, or are they for the most part similar in price?

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Anybody know?

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Anybody know?

Obviously there will be some differences in price but if you can afford a custom guitar try looking for a luthier in you local area; more often than not they'll be cheaper and much more personal than a big name brand. For the big name brands I think Carvin are cheaper than most but I'm none too sure.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
carvin's are way cheaper than jackson/charvel and esp and all of the other custom shops, but it surpasses them in quality
Quote by ironman1478
carvin's are way cheaper than jackson/charvel and esp and all of the other custom shops, but it surpasses them in quality

I see.

I was going to get an online custom quote for Caparison guitars but their website is confusing and I can't figure out how to get one. Or if they even HAVE online custom quotes.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Carvin for sure.

Thebiz, Carvin makes a custom guitar with everything you could want for $1000-2000 depending on the body style you want. I can get my perfect strat for under $1200, and shredder for around 1400.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Lightitup
Carvin for sure.

Thebiz, Carvin makes a custom guitar with everything you could want for $1000-2000 depending on the body style you want. I can get my perfect strat for under $1200, and shredder for around 1400.

Really? I'll have to check them out then.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Ran custom guitars
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Black Machine: Linky

Beautiful instruments.

beaten to it!

unlucky I'm too poor for that kind of thing now.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
schecter or esp
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by Thebiz
I see.

I was going to get an online custom quote for Caparison guitars but their website is confusing and I can't figure out how to get one. Or if they even HAVE online custom quotes.

that's because they don't have one. They only make custom guitars to their endorsed artists
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by shoolocomous
beaten to it!

unlucky I'm too poor for that kind of thing now.

God I wish I could afford one, those are some seriously nice instruments.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.