I do web design, programming, and graphics for bands.

http://kerryritter.com/ is the address to my portfolio.

Shoot me an email or PM.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
So... you're 16 and you charge $15/hour?

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Lol I could do way better than that...
You've got the html (and probably the php and css) down, but we're talking about a band's website here... that's totally multi-media.
Now somebody that know's flash and actionscript can help there. I could embed mp3's players so visitors can hear the band's songs through a player that is custom-made for their site; I could add one of my flv players if they felt like posting videos of their performance; I could even give them an RSS feed reader for their visitors to download free of charge that would allow them to keep up with their band via an easily updated RSS feed.
But then again, maybe you could do that stuff. You just don't really show off that much on your site.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

I do do flash as well. I just haven't had any websites recently that have really required it except for the Nothing Still site in my portfolio.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Are you HTML certified?

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

I'm impressed people decided to use you for their websites considering your age. Did you get paid for this stuff?

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Quote by Black_Fender
I'm impressed people decided to use you for their websites considering your age. Did you get paid for this stuff?

No, I'm not certified.

And yes, I did get paid for each project.

-------

W3Schools HTML Quiz
Result:
20 of 20

100%

Perfect!!!

Time Spent
2:12

Of course, you don't have to believe me.

I understand the whole "age" thing is a little hard to get by. :P
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Last edited by DiveRightIn63 at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Black_Fender
Lol I could do way better than that...
You've got the html (and probably the php and css) down, but we're talking about a band's website here... that's totally multi-media.
Now somebody that know's flash and actionscript can help there. I could embed mp3's players so visitors can hear the band's songs through a player that is custom-made for their site; I could add one of my flv players if they felt like posting videos of their performance; I could even give them an RSS feed reader for their visitors to download free of charge that would allow them to keep up with their band via an easily updated RSS feed.
But then again, maybe you could do that stuff. You just don't really show off that much on your site.

Yeah, if they are ****ing Metallica. Get real. Flash is rarely ever needed and looks retarded 99% of the time.
-Squire '51 Strat
-Turser SG w/ P-90s
-Vox Valvetronix AD100 head
-Marshall MG412
-Simon Hollowbody (for sale $200)

They get the job done.

Good Traders:
-SomniferousEyes
Yeah, if they are ****ing Metallica. Get real. Flash is rarely ever needed and looks retarded 99% of the time.

Yeah, cause YouTube, MySpace, and Facebook don't need flash... that would just look gay right?

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

When doing web design it is an idea not to charge by the hour, but to charge a flat rate. Thats the way that the business works, and has done for ages
Quote by Black_Fender
Yeah, cause YouTube, MySpace, and Facebook don't need flash... that would just look gay right?

And they are 3 out of how many sites? Like I said 99% of the time it is not needed. I promise they are less than 1% of the websites out there.
-Squire '51 Strat
-Turser SG w/ P-90s
-Vox Valvetronix AD100 head
-Marshall MG412
-Simon Hollowbody (for sale $200)

They get the job done.

Good Traders:
-SomniferousEyes
Quote by thunderbox
When doing web design it is an idea not to charge by the hour, but to charge a flat rate. Thats the way that the business works, and has done for ages

They aren't really set rates. That's just how I usually charge; depending on the project, I'll do set rates. I know a lot of businesses that work hourly also.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by thunderbox

I agree, i've worked on web development teams and definately more productive to charge a flat rate.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
I agree, i've worked on web development teams and definately more productive to charge a flat rate.

YES! Charge a flat rate for the project. Businesses that charge an hourly rate are usually the ones that do not produce a final product, just some sort of service. Examples include: computer repair, troubleshooting, network setup, etc...
Flat rate businesses offer a final product, like the above mentioned website. The main reason is this:
Person A and Person B are going to offer to develope a website for a client. Person A knows his/her way around HTML through a little experience. Person B is a certified professional. Person A can produce the same results as Person B, but will take much more time doing it. This is why most customers look for a flate rate on this type of product.
lol okay. i suppose this is directed at the OP and jdmaurer (i'm assuming kiniferus belongs to the latter)

a few things:
1. charge more. i make $75 an hour doing simple php stuff that a monkey could do. people are clueless about this industry and have usually been more comfortable being overcharged, at least after seeing good portfolio examples.

2. learn php. it's nice that you're html certified but you gotta at least have php/mysql down pat.

3. learn the facebook api. it's a great way to stay ahead of the curve, at least atm. and opensocial.

4. flash is awesome if used properly: www.redgoodbye.com

5. don't pluralize with an apostrophe, especially on a professional page

6. quit with the splash pages. plz.
all I have to say is that from a professional coder's perspective, you really do not know even the fundamentals. I would stop ripping all of these people off and stop ruining your image now, because if you do stuff now, its with you forever.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Quote by franc0ph0bic
all I have to say is that from a professional coder's perspective, you really do not know even the fundamentals.

You took the words out of my mouth. Flash pages, and popups? Are you serious?
Quote by alexruimy
lol okay. i suppose this is directed at the OP and jdmaurer (i'm assuming kiniferus belongs to the latter)

a few things:
1. charge more. i make $75 an hour doing simple php stuff that a monkey could do. people are clueless about this industry and have usually been more comfortable being overcharged, at least after seeing good portfolio examples.

2. learn php. it's nice that you're html certified but you gotta at least have php/mysql down pat.

3. learn the facebook api. it's a great way to stay ahead of the curve, at least atm. and opensocial.

4. flash is awesome if used properly: www.redgoodbye.com

5. don't pluralize with an apostrophe, especially on a professional page

6. quit with the splash pages. plz.

Thanks I will try to learn PHP. And also, don't you think that $75 per hour is a little expensive? That is way too much for me to charge since I am not a professional. I don't rip my customers off, I give them very cheap and affordable prices, and give them prices that are less than what the service is worth.

and Splash Pages? I'm guessing thats directed at somebody else.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") = 100% Awesome

A good friend will help you up when you fall.
A best friend will just laugh and trip you again.