Yes, but it becomes an A string barre, with the root being on the 7th fret.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
e|-7-
b|-8-
g|-9-
d|-9-
a|-7-
e|-0-

That's one of my favorite ways to do it You don't need the open low E, but it adds depth.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
e|-7-
b|-8-
g|-9-
d|-9-
a|-7-
e|-0-

That's one of my favorite ways to do it

+1. Easier to do it that way seeing as there's less space at the 12th fret. However, both are right. .
e-7---
b-8--
g-9---
d-9----
a-7----
e-x----

Sorry if I'm wrong, I don't have my guit. on me.

Guess I'm a little late.
sigh...
You can do

e-7---
b-8---
g-9---
d-9---
a-7---
e------

EDIT: boy was I late on that one

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Mar 18, 2008,
x
x

That'd work as well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^Wouldn't really be a barre chord since the 1st finger is only necessary to fret the 2nd fret of the D string of that particular shape...
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
It's still a barre chord, the shape is movable up and down the neck, and you can extend the index to play 3 on the 5th and 6th strings.
sigh...
Quote by Baasoromyuu
^Wouldn't really be a barre chord since the 1st finger is only necessary to fret the 2nd fret of the D string of that particular shape...

It's not an open chord either. It's also movable, and if you want to, you can add in the second fret of the A string to add in the 5th in the bass.

Thank you, come again.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Allow me to strongly recommend the Picture Chord Encyclopedia, a super-well laid out book that shows 5 voicings for every chord, with pictures of a hand playing each voicing, the tab for that voicing, and the music staff notation of the notes in the chord. 44 chords per key, all keys shown (open string differences).

This provides an instant, visible, and easy answer to all questions about playing any chord you'll ever see asked for in any jazz charts, anywhere on the neck.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
It's not an open chord either. It's also movable, and if you want to, you can add in the second fret of the A string to add in the 5th in the bass.

Thank you, come again.

Aah, right, forgot about that. Still, I'd say it's one of the easier barre chords.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out