Page 1 of 2
I'm waiting for the video to load but my reaction is probably going to be like "They had it coming."
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'm waiting for the video to load but my reaction is probably going to be like "They had it coming."

I haven't watched yet either, but the cops TOTALLY over-reacted.
<Han> I love Hitler
Protesters resist arrest batons are used on the back of the peoples legs to get them onto the ground in order to handcuff them.

I'm sure there are rules for protest. At least in the UK there is. If you break these rules you get arrested, you resist arrest, you get the baton. I have no problem with any of this.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I don't venture into the political thread - I have other forums I use for political discussions - but has anyone else on this board heard about the shit going down in Tibet?
Peaceful protests should be left alone.

America was founded by protesters, anyone with any sense would know that and respect these people.

Change comes only through protest, in one way or another.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Protesters resist arrest batons are used on the back of the peoples legs to get them onto the ground in order to handcuff them.

I'm sure there are rules for protest. At least in the UK there is. If you break these rules you get arrested, you resist arrest, you get the baton. I have no problem with any of this.

yea, but even if the are resisting arrest the cop shoulds say "i'll kill you" to the guy
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
NYPD-1 Buddhist Monks-0
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Quote by blues-guitarist
yea, but even if the are resisting arrest the cop shoulds say "i'll kill you" to the guy

being outnumbered 50 to 1 in any situation has got to increase adrenaline. It puts you on edge and will make you more aggressive, especially when someone's trying to make your job harder by consistently disobeying your requests. You get wound up and agitated to the point where you say things you don't mean. That's not justification for his behaviour btw, it's just a possible explanation for it.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i don't really feel bad, they were running in front of traffic and all, and probably didn't have a permit, which you have to have to have a legal protest. at least where i live. The cameraman should have been arrested in my opinion, the cops were being a bit excessive though with the night sticks.
Quote by rizo299
Holy ****. Police brutality.

thats something new
peaceful protests need to be left alone, i didnt notice them doing anything wrong
Why were they being beat in the first place? Was their a perfectly reasonable explanation to take the life rights of another human, gang up and beat them to the ground?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Owned.

Cops: 1
Terrorists: 0
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
bunch of angry protesters walking through the streets bumping into people yelling. they looked like they were about to riot. i dont blame the cops. if the cops didnt do anything then the stupid protesters wouldve hurt someone and they would still complain
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
^Yes actually, they were running in front of traffic, and were not respecting rules of protest.
Quote by joeyc
bunch of angry protesters walking through the streets bumping into people yelling. they looked like they were about to riot. i dont blame the cops. if the cops didnt do anything then the stupid protesters wouldve hurt someone and they would still complain

Really now? Were you there watching it?

Quote by PTfan
^Yes actually, they were running in front of traffic, and were not respecting rules of protest.

I'd run into the street too if I were getting beat.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Wulphy
Owned.

Cops: 1
Terrorists: 0

Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Joe-Fish
Why were they being beat in the first place? Was their a perfectly reasonable explanation to take the life rights of another human, gang up and beat them to the ground?

running in front of moving traffic is enough to arrest someone. And then they resisted arrest, the batons were used in order to allow the police to arrest them.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
running in front of moving traffic is enough to arrest someone. And then they resisted arrest, the batons were used in order to allow the police to arrest them.

Plus they were screaming "down with america".

I would have beat them too, you don't yell "down with america" in the city where the twin towers were .
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Lemoninfluence

they were not running in front of moving traffic, they did that after resisting arrest
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
All I can say is that these protesters are obviously foreign. Everyone knows that 95% of terrorists are foreign, so it is only reasonable to assume that 95% of foreigners are terrorists. Am I right? Well in any case those cops had a good right to beat down those terrorists. George Bush continues to keep his country safe, all hail!
Quote by Flying Couch
Psst... it was on video.

when the cops came they were walking on the sidewalk not the street, they went to the street after the cops started pushing them aside
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
when the cops came they were walking on the sidewalk not the street, after the cops tried to arrest them they went to the street, at least that's what i saw on the video
Oh, I know. I was just pointing out how silly that was.
Quote by blues-guitarist
they were not running in front of moving traffic, they did that after resisting arrest

look at the first instance of the use of a baton. the officer is moving backwards and the protester is moving towards him.

at the beginning of the video they're walking in the street with no regard for traffic. then the cameraman gets upset because the police officer is ushering them to the other side of the road.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Flying Couch
Oh, I know. I was just pointing out how silly that was.

idk if all the people that said that running on the streets was the reason they got arested were joking too tho
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Lemoninfluence
look at the first instance of the use of a baton. the officer is moving backwards and the protester is moving towards him.

at the beginning of the video they're walking in the street with no regard for traffic. then the cameraman gets upset because the police officer is ushering them to the other side of the road.

at the beggining of the video the protesters were crossing the street and got pushed by the cops....there was no reason for that, there's nothing on wrong crossing a road while protesting
-Homer Simpson
If the cops were clubbing people,

WHY DIDN'T THEY HIT THE GUY WITH THE CAMERA???
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
Most of the protesters probably could not speak english anyway. The only possible way for the police to get their point across was violence. Beat the mother fockers and they will learn their lesson.
Quote by blues-guitarist
at the beggining of the video the protesters were crossing the street and got pushed by the cops....there was no reason for that, there's nothing on wrong crossing a road while protesting

I see no push on that video, I see the police officer, first stopping them from walking out into the street, then ushering the protesters across the street because they're crossing with no regard for traffic. And you notice how you never see the beginning of any of the encounters. Truth is, we're speculating the reason for their arrest.

Quote by element4433
Quote by freedoms_stain
Well, I couldn't infer who was in the right or the wrong from that piss poor video.

Word.

However, you can't just walk around streets in large groups, being overtly "nationalistic" and "ethnic", forcing your presence around, and call yourself a "protest".

Here in logic-land, we call that a mob or a gang. That was not a legal protest.

I think the cameraman should have been beat though.

"Officer... Seldano. 10894. Oh my god i'm such a **** smoker, let me go find some balls to stick in my mouth whilst I abuse the Constitution and my own rights."
My God, it's full of stars!
Hey thats free speech NOT COOL! I mean seriously, expressing free speech thats communist, just be happy we have it.

EDIT i'd like to quote a little bit:
The cops are beating buddhists outside the UN building in America!

****ing buddhists and their violent protesting!
Last edited by crustyreed at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Joe-Fish
Really now? Were you there watching it?

I'd run into the street too if I were getting beat.

the cops werent beating them in the beginning of the video. the protesters were just running around like dumb asses
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Page 1 of 2