can someone reccomend a very good pickup for my dean vendetta 1? I heard EMG is a good company but their pickups are crap for anything other then metal or the heavy stuff... I like to play cleaner style of music mostly like scorpions and what not. but I am looking for a pickup that will give me a good sound and variety.
What amp are you playing through?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Don't bother changing your pickups, you won't notice the difference; save up the money for a new amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
DiMarzios may suit your style.
Unfortunately, they're expensive.
And I mean...EXPENSIVE.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Check out some of the Medium power Dimarzios, they give you a lotta variety of sound. EMG's arent that bad, i got some and they can handle loads of different genres, from jazz to AC/DC to Metallica. i dont know much about SD's but theyre also good for medium power, check out their websites and see what u like
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
The thing is, if you're a beginner, you wont really notice a god change if you spend $200+ on new pickups. What kind of guitar do you have now?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
well if you were going to go for a new set of pickups i would go for seymour duncans or dimarzio. they are both awsome even though i prefer sd's
Quote by iTzMaTT
DiMarzios may suit your style.
Unfortunately, they're expensive.
And I mean...EXPENSIVE.

What have you been smoking? DiMarzios are the most affordable (popular, as in generally stock) pickups out there! Seymour Duncan and EMG are by far more expensive.
Quote by Big_Carp
where can u buy dimarzios? i looked on musicnas friend and dont see any...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-replacement-parts?N=100001+304282&Ntk=All&Ntt=dimarzio&Nty=1
Take another look
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Im not gonna down your new pickup Idea. Im just forwarning you. but yeah, you can get dimarzio's here

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-replacement-parts?N=100001+304282&Ntk=All&Ntt=dimarzio&Nty=1
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I wouldnt get the evo, it is very unforgiving, and seeing as you are a beginner, you do not want that. Breeds are the most versatile dimarzios IMO. Also before you buy a pickup, figure out if your guitar needs F spaced pickups. if your guitar has 2 humbuckers, then you would have to buy a bridge model and a neck model of the pickup or pickups you want.

www.Dimarzio.com has a pickup finder on the bottom right that might help you.
don't go with the evo's, might be used by the great steve vai, but they accent every note you play, and if your a beginner, your going to sound like crap

+1 to the breeds

btw, what music do you play?
Quote by Big_Carp
dude im a beginner.... i just got this one

Then you don't need new pickups, your stocks will be fine - you're not going to notice a difference from pickups at the stage you're at, besides which the Microcube doesn't really notice the differences in pickups itself. You'd just be spending $150 on something to brag about in the playground..
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com