On sunday, i've got VIP tickets to a vevlet revolver gig, and i'll be meeting the band, and most importantly, my idol, Slash. I wanna get my scratchplate to my les paul signed (plastic) and i don't know whether i'll need any particular pen or will they have one at the venue? :S i've never had stuff signed before so i don't know
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
A sharpie won't come off a plastic pick guard, I played a show once and there was this dude that looked like Dante from Clerks and I had him sign my Tele for kicks. A few years later I realised I didn't want some random guys signiture on my guitar and I had to resort to sanding it off...
Quote by nodtomc
On sunday, i've got VIP tickets to a vevlet revolver gig, and i'll be meeting the band, and most importantly, my idol, Slash. I wanna get my scratchplate to my les paul signed (plastic) and i don't know whether i'll need any particular pen or will they have one at the venue? :S i've never had stuff signed before so i don't know

Always bring a sharpie, just in case.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
they should have the right pens like a sharpie but bring one just in case
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
sounds like a sharpie is the way to go.

good idea getting the plastic pick guard signed. that way if you ever deside you don't want that signature on your guitar you won't have to sand it off lol.
DANG, I wish I was you! I can't afford VIP Tickets. I'd of course get it signed. Get a picture with him too, if its possible, that way you have proof that you met him.

Ah, he's also my idol.

well i personally would clear coat it after getting it signed, just for added protection.

but a sharpie never fails
Quote by hminh87
Man, say hi to Slash from UG for us

Yeh man totally do this ^

WE LOVE SLASH!!!
Im seeing VR on the 27th but i bone broke so i cant afford VIP.
Yeah, Sharpie then clearcoat that mofo. But don't leave out Kushner!

Or Duff.

**** it, have them all sign your guitar!
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs