I go to switch guitars, and I pull on the cable thats in my SG, and surprise, surprise, the guitars output jack comes with it. Well, not the whole output jack, just the washer and the little nut thing that keeps it in place.

I'm pretty sure I have to crack open the back of the guitar, push it out enough to catch the washer, then twist it on, but I just wanted to verify.
I've only had this predicament with a strat before, which was very easy to fix because the strats jack is angled out of the guitar.

Heres pics:

Yes. It's the same on all guitars, apart from the jack's location.

Tighten it so it won't come out again.

You don't literally have to crack it open. Isn't there a control cavity, which can be accessed from the back?
Epiphoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!

Had this problem with my old Epiphone.

Just take the back plate off and shove it through.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Use a little Loctite to keep it in place. Blue Loctite will keep it snug, while still allowing it to be removed with a little elbow grease. If you want it to stay there for good, use red (I believe that's the color) Loctite, which is only removable with heat.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by sashki
Yes. It's the same on all guitars, apart from the jack's location.

Tighten it so it won't come out again.

You don't literally have to crack it open. Isn't there a control cavity, which can be accessed from the back?

Ha, it's not like i'm actually gonna crack it open....thats pretty much what I mean by it, just take off the cover to get to the control.