Hi there, i'm trying to find out the make and model of the guitar below. Sorry the picture isnt that great but its the best i could get from the film. Originally i thought it was a Mosrite but can't seem to find anything similar. Other than that my only other thought is it looks Japanese!

Any help would be much aprreciated

Thanks!

I have no idea on model or other brand than maybe a Danelectro
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Hard to tell, the pickups seem like an Alnico in the back, but I can't tell what the other two are lol.

Are you looking to buy this guitar, or is it just for knowing?
looks pretty similar to a rickenbacker to me that's just a guess though, also that is a most excellent film
If only you had this in Blu Ray or HD DVD then we could zoom in and read the headstock. Damn you VHS!
i thought Rickenbacker by the headstock with the enlarged white plastic cover on it but the headstocks not exactly the right shape. im tryin to find out cuz i build guitars as a hobby in my spare time cuz im left handed and the guitar worlds cruel to us freaks! im always lookin for wierd rare guitars and this fits the bill! as for the pickup in the back, if ya refereing to the chrome behind his pick hand thats actually part of the bridge assembly. the guitar has two soapbar style pickups in.
Hard to tell, the pickups seem like an Alnico in the back, but I can't tell what the other two are lol.

Two more pic. Good one of the headstock. Looks like Muzok to me! But can't find anything under that name.

Quote by CrzyGuitarist93

What are you on about - "Alnico" is a type of magnet, not a style or brand...it's got no bearing on the appearance of a pickup.

I doubt even Eric Johnson can spot an alnico magnet just by looking at a pickup cover...

...he'd probably have to at least lick it first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That actually looks more like a P-90 in the neck.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
The body looks like a Fender Mustang...

EDIT:

You know, actually, it could be just a cheap brand from the 80s, perhaps even earlier.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Chris_Parker
The body looks like a Fender Mustang...

EDIT:

You know, actually, it could be just a cheap brand from the 80s, perhaps even earlier.

Yeah, it's probably some short lived brand
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
EXCELLENT!!(80s shred guitar in background)
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Thanks Shaw39. Thats the best lead so far! Im thinking the one in the film is just a lot older version of the guitar above!

Actually on second look the body is different. That Malden guitar is basically a Fender Jaguar body. The one in the film has a lot rounder top horn and the neck sits in the body a lot deeper. I'm confused
Last edited by jc0r at Mar 19, 2008,
Shaw's wrong, the pickguard and pick-ups are really different. That picture is of some wierd Tele rip-off...
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by steven seagull
What are you on about - "Alnico" is a type of magnet, not a style or brand...it's got no bearing on the appearance of a pickup.

I doubt even Eric Johnson can spot an alnico magnet just by looking at a pickup cover...

...he'd probably have to at least lick sniff it first.

"fixed*

Sorry everyone, I thought the name Mozak was close to what was on the headstock, and the body was a little similar, but Malden Mozak guitars have only been around for a few years. Back to the drawing board.
Chris Parker, im not seeing the Tele resemblance tbh. Granted the pickguard and pickups are different but thats a minor detail. I was thinkin that the Malden guitar could be a remake of a guitar they once created years ago? The more i look at the guitar in the film the more i think its some cheap Japanese/Chinese axe.

At the end credits in the film they mention Rich Becks Guitar Shop which are still around. I'm thinkin maybe they supplied the instruments for the film so there maybe an outside chance they will know. Problem is theres an even slimmer chance of them actually replying to my email at all
Ok, here's the story...I'm driving down to Florida yesterday and stop in a book store. I'm looking at a guitar book and the first page I turn to is about some unique old guitars. Teisco Del Rays and another guitar called MURPH. Head stock is the same body the same.

See website:

Murph Guitars

Mystery Solved
it looks rickenbackerish but its not its a marok or something

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by shaw39
Ok, here's the story...I'm driving down to Florida yesterday and stop in a book store. I'm looking at a guitar book and the first page I turn to is about some unique old guitars. Teisco Del Rays and another guitar called MURPH. Head stock is the same body the same.

See website:

Murph Guitars

Mystery Solved

Looks like it to me! Nice find!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
A little off topic, but does it seem that there is a first fret after the nut? A bit weird, but take a look...

^Thats a zero fret. Its basically doing what a proper nut is supposed to, but this way they didn't have to file one the right height. The zero fret gives the strings the right action at the head and the nut just provides for spacing.
You know... There is a good chance that guitar in the movie could've just been a fake. a piece of cardboard. not real. And the first few pics look like a fender of some kind, just with... like... the top flipped over. (Cut out on top)
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Quote by hiphopopotamus
^Thats a zero fret. Its basically doing what a proper nut is supposed to, but this way they didn't have to file one the right height. The zero fret gives the strings the right action at the head and the nut just provides for spacing.

You're a nerd. But thank you for that seemingly correct answer.
It looks like some random knock-off man. Probably not worth looking into.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
I think it was worth looking into, i love its shape! And Shaw39, you a legend! Thanks so much for finding that out!
Lol whatever it is it's not too pretty >.<

But since it was in the hands of one sir Bill S. Preston-Esquire....

It rocks!