Since I'm going to be getting a new guitar soon, I've been looking at the Ibanez JEM7V. I love to shred and play Steve Vai type stuff. Would the Jem be able to give great clean tones and still be able to do 80's metal type work and even some Megadeth and Metallica here and there???
Quote by schecter ftw
Since I'm going to be getting a new guitar soon, I've been looking at the Ibanez JEM7V. I love to shred and play Steve Vai type stuff. Would the Jem be able to give great clean tones and still be able to do 80's metal type work and even some Megadeth and Metallica here and there???

i dont own one but i have played one and thay are sweet to play i think you can still play 80 metal on it and sound very good
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II
behringer ultra flanger uf100

vist this site it my band aimless hypocrisy
(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
Jem plays nice but is a very overpriced RG, try some other Prestige or the JS1200.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
the rg2550 is pretty much the same thing, just less overpriced and that cutaway on the body isnt there.
My Jem is for sale for $1000. Few very minor nicks in the paint.

That aside, I think it is a very good guitar. The pickups are very clear and well voiced. The neck pup is extremely smooth. Be aware that you will be paying a lot for having Vai's name.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*