I have an Epiphone Les Paul and i want to put some new pick ups in it. I want passive pick ups. I play metalcore/hardcore. Stuff like As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, Underoath, etc. Im looking at dimarzios Super Distortions or Seymour Duncan Invaders. I dont know many more pick ups, thanks.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Try some emgs ,there my personal favorites for all that is metal
im sure if your getting passives you might look at them
they are legendary for there actives though
Ok umm, deffinately DON'T put PASSIVE emg's in you're guitar... that's the most obsurd thing i've ever heard. There's alot better passive pickups that HZ's made by other companies for youe needs. If you want actives try Duncan Blackouts.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by -MintSauce-
If you're from the UK, look into IronGear pickups.

If you're from the US, get a pair of GFS pickups.

They cost significantly less than EMGs, and you won't regret it. Also, I'm guessing that your Tele is made of pretty light wood, which EMGs would sound too thin with. I'm an EMG user myself, but I wouldn't put them in anything lighter than mahogany, or alder at a push.

Don't touch the passive EMGs.

SD Invaders are muddy as hell.

I'd say your main options are these:

1. EMG 81 & 81 combo*,
2. SD Blackouts*,
3. SD SH-6 and '59.

* Ignoring the fact that you don't want actives.

Having said that, let us know what wood your guitar is made from, or at least the exact model, because you should tailor your pickup choice to that.

Also, I don't have any experience with DiMarzios; I get the impression that they're great for single note articulation, but a bit loose for chordwork (sorry if I'm way off there).
The body is made of mahogany with a mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard. Its the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Also i dont really use the neck pick up too much mostly just the bridge pick up.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Last edited by Remsen at Mar 18, 2008,
Dimarzio Super Distortion gives nice harmonics. it also is noce and chunky... great for breakdowns.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Are the new Dimarzio D Activator pickups not more "toney" than an active EMG?
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Quote by christianbassis
Dimarzio Super Distortion gives nice harmonics. it also is noce and chunky... great for breakdowns.

yep, go for these, i put em in my KK Signiture V (completely created and MADE by myself)

and it sounds awesome, or maybe go for some EMG humbuckers, any are good
Cara-Mellllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuuudge!!!!!!!!!!!