Does the cab dictate how many watts your amp puts out?

So say I hooked up my 150 watt head to a cab whose input says "300 watt RMS mono".

Is the cab going to DRAW 300 watts from the head, or is the head going to deliver 300 watts no matter what the cab says?
The head will put out 150 watts clean. It will put out slightly over 200 all the way up. Either way, the cab's wattage rating will not affect how much power the head puts out.

These are not ohm questions, by the way. Make sure the ohms on the head and cab are matched as well. It sounds like the cab should be able to handle the head.
Quote by Roc8995
The head will put out 150 watts clean. It will put out slightly over 200 all the way up. Either way, the cab's wattage rating will not affect how much power the head puts out.

These are not ohm questions, by the way. Make sure the ohms on the head and cab are matched as well. It sounds like the cab should be able to handle the head.

Yea, forgot to add that...

My cab can run in stereo... 150 watts per channel, each one 4 ohms. It also has a switch to run mono 300 watts, 4 or 8 ohms.

So if my head puts out 150 watts at 4 ohms, I can set the switch to mono, plug into the 4 ohm jack, and all is well?
Okay, I thought that because the back of the cab says "300 watts mono" that it would actually DRAW 300 watts from the head, and fry the head.

Correct me if I'm wrong: The head delivers an amount of wattage, determined by the impedance of the cab (ohms), and if that wattage is too great for the cab to handle, the cab will "blow".
No, two largely separate things:
The head delivers an amount of wattage, which if it is larger than the cab's capacity, will blow up the speakers.
The head is "looking for" a certain impedance (ohms), which can potentially damage the amp if the cab's impedance is too far off that of the head.