Can't Think Of The Name Off The Top Of My Head, But It's The One That 'The Pink Panther' Theme Ends On. It's A Good Substitute Instead Of Ending On A Normal Minor Chord. It Sound's Sort of Mysterious And A Bit Eerie.

E----|
B-7--|
G-8--|
D-9--|
A-10-|
E-0--|

Enjoy!

Edit - The Person Below Me Said The Name, It's An EmMaj9.

And Here's The Version I Tend To Use *Because I Play In Dropped D*

E----|
B-5--|
G-6--|
D-7--|
A-8--|
D-0--|

And That Would Be A DmMaj9.

I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Mar 18, 2008,
I believe that America would do better with a democratic president, but that's so much off topic!
.. Anyway, have you ever tried Cm7? :
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Quote by slash2005
try a h chord. its really hard

Actually no - it's just a B chord, because in some parts of northern Europe a B is still referred to as an H.
Chords don't sound anything on their own. Context is all that matters.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
doesnt skin and bones by foo fighters concist only of a d chord or maybe its a g im not sure
Quote by slash2005
those damn northern europeans cover every base

Exactly, but I just saved you from looking silly if you're ever vacationing there.
Quote by slash2005
depends what music your into. its a pretty vague question.

Anything that sounds good. I respect everyone's opinions and tastes and will experiment with any progression.
ok. IMO listen to incubus and learn the chords in most of there more mellow stuff. mike einziger is a good example of an out of the square guitarist in the sense of chord shapes and voicings.
Quote by slash2005
doesnt skin and bones by foo fighters concist only of a d chord or maybe its a g im not sure

its a Dmin7 but it changes to Gmin7 too

i like this one its a major sixth chord i believe

||-----|-----|-----| 
||-----|--x--|-----| 
||-----|-----|--x--| 
||--x--|-----|-----| 
||-----|-----|-----| 
||-----|--x--|-----| 
Last edited by Don't Read This at Mar 18, 2008,
As Arch said, it's all about the context. A chord progression, however, would create context for each chord involved, or maybe the use of a certain chord of a key or whatever. For instance, Neapolitan chords are pretty cool. Something you don't hear too much of is a VIsus#2 in a minor key, which sounds pretty interesting immediately after the tonic(Am Fm Am Fm). On a jazzier note, bVImaj7 chords are interesting IMO(Cmaj7 Abmaj7). Some of my notation is probably a bit off as I'm note entirely sure as to how to notate chords built off of scale degrees.
I really like this one, it's just a plain C minor, but it has an interesting feel to it to me.
---
---
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
k ive figured out few chords through my music travels ill note them best i can, dont know their names...

E-0-0-2-1-x-x-e E-0-7-9-8-9-x-e E-0-x-1-4-0-x-e

theres alot of exotic sounding chords in different tunings check out someothings missing by John Mayer