Page 1 of 2
Im going with my music department to see Phantom of the Opera and basically chill and do whatever. Im already going to Sam Ash, Toys R Us, and Im pretty sure my girlfriends dragging me to Macy's and the MTV store. What other cool things are there to do? I want to see the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building, but Im terrified of heights so even if I go to see them, Im not going up. Anyway, if anyone knows of cool places to go, or places to see, let me know.
Weird Im going to New York tomorrow too, but I'm coming from the UK. So cool places you can reccomend would be appreciated.
krispy kream! but theres one in newyork apparently closed down, so look around their site for it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
go to chinatown, get some quality pho, then get some delicious oh so godly new york pizza! i recommend lombardi's it's a really famous pizza joint- supposed to be the first in america. get the pie with fresh mozzarella
you lucky bastard

edit:
then little italy for the best italian ice
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

buy some weed or crack while ur there, u think u can make a stop for me?

just enjoy the scenery man, deffinatly check out central park, but NOT at night
Quote by nt1440
buy some weed or crack while ur there, u think u can make a stop for me?

just enjoy the scenery man, deffinatly check out central park, but NOT at night

its not scary at all at night. its actually the best time to go since there are no mobs of tourists filling up the place. are you actually from nyc?
Go to Dallas BBQ, not to far from Times Square. BEST BBQ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by ultradogfromhel
its not scary at all at night. its actually the best time to go since there are no mobs of tourists filling up the place. are you actually from nyc?

nope, but ive heard aweful things about being there at night, i guess its just the usual stories getting blown outta porportion. srry
mid-opera, plug in ur guitar and piss everybody off. play some deathmetal. that be hilarious. then post a video. then we all get a good laugh to make our day complete. theres a story for the grandkids one day.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
I wasn't amazed by Sam Ash, but look in the other music stores on that street.
There's a place (I believe it's called Rudy's, and it's pretty much next door to Sam Ash) that's an orange dealer, and I just about came when I walked in to the room with the Oranges.

They had a Zvex Nano, too.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by nt1440
nope, but ive heard aweful things about being there at night, i guess its just the usual stories getting blown outta porportion. srry

its not your fault, the media takes one case and blows it way out of perspective. almost every place in america has crime. nyc used to be worse but Guilanne really cracked down on crime. thats why ny is running out of room in prisions and needed to make several more
The city

is a boring place to be.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by hide_the_beer
go to chinatown, get some quality pho, then get some delicious oh so godly new york pizza! i recommend lombardi's it's a really famous pizza joint- supposed to be the first in america. get the pie with fresh mozzarella
you lucky bastard

edit:
then little italy for the best italian ice

little italy is so depressing though because it basically doesn't exist anymore except as a tourist attraction, because the italians all moved to long island.

you should totally go to chinatown though and get loads of really cheap and tasty food from a bakery.

even if you can't be bothered going to the statue of liberty/ellis island, you could always go to down to battery park and take photos of it across the water or something. maybe visit the museum of the native american if you're desperate haha. and you could walk up wall street and go to the really awesome church plonked in the middle of the financial district.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Go to Canal Street for knock offs, but be wary of what you buy. My uncle once bought 4 rocks that were in camera boxes. Museum of Natural History is also a good tourist destination. Basically make sure you know were all you bags are, and don't stand in the same spot talking to someone for too long (pickpockets). Most importantly, have fun.
You're safer there then Toronto. Don't worry
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
53rd and 6th go there and eat chicken and rice on the vendor trust me this food is so addicting you will get hooked
go skate every spot you can find
if you do skate
and wear alot of red or blue an walk around "the hood" for a long time remember red and/or blue
ask the governor where you can find a good hooker
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by ultradogfromhel
its not your fault, the media takes one case and blows it way out of perspective. almost every place in america has crime. nyc used to be worse but Guilanne really cracked down on crime. thats why ny is running out of room in prisions and needed to make several more

well im glad to hear its a nicer place now

ive been considering a school or two near there
the wait for the Empire State Building can be like 2hrs(thats what it was when i went last time) so go to the Rockefeller Building. It's near the ESB, and just 10 stories shorter I think. yea and the wait is only like 5-10min if u dont go right up.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
oooo I go there a lot
go to Museum of Modern Art
go to a show on Broadway
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
The MTV store sucks so you can skip that, its like the size of my bathroom, which is small...and theres not that much good stuff in it
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Try to avoid getting stabbed.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by KetchupLad14
Yeah, umm...

Don't do that.

ellen page is soooo sexy!

high five!
Definitely check out Times Square. Especially at night, see if there are some cool shows you can hit up or something.
Peace.
Quote by nt1440
ellen page is soooo sexy!

high five!

*high fives back*

Quote by crazygluedmybut
Definitely check out Times Square. Especially at night, see if there are some cool shows you can hit up or something.

Yeah, NYC has a very cool music scene... arts scene in general. You can always find some cool show to go to.
dont even try for the empire state building. its like 40 bucks and an hour wait to get up. i suggest just walking around the streets. theres plenty to see. if you have a set itenerary then you might miss something. check out washington square park and grenich village, maybe a museum, central park, times square. play it by ear.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dont even try for the empire state building. its like 40 bucks and an hour wait to get up. i suggest just walking around the streets. theres plenty to see. if you have a set itenerary then you might miss something. check out washington square park and grenich village, maybe a museum, central park, times square. play it by ear.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. If you can, check out the Metropolitan Art Museum. To be honest, just going there is a full day's trip, it's gigantic, but definitely try to check it out, incredible positivo.

And also, I agree with what this guy said. Walking around without a schedule, you'll see more than you ever expect to. There's a lot of stuff going on in NYC all the time, and it's really not hard to find.
Man I went to New York City for a week with my Marketing class. Whatever you do, even if your legs are tired, spend as little time as possible in the hotel. There is WAY too much stuff to see. It's an amazing place, and if I could afford to live there I would.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Quote by soul_power
Definitely check out Manny's music. Pretty much ever legendary musician ever has bought a piece of gear there Hendrix included. http://www.mannysmusic.com/index_mannys.htm

Manny's Music is VERY cool, but they have a lot of pedals on display that they won't let you try out. Sam Ash is probably best for that.

Also check out Rudy's, on the same block. They don't really like letting you try out too much stuff, but the stuff in there is AMAZING.
Page 1 of 2