Okay, so my band's drummer is into the whole double-bass drum madness drum parts, but he's willing to kind of switch up the style, because no one else in the band is really into that kind of thing (don't think we want to kick him out, though).

Anyway, since Cream had songs that were more focused on guitar, bass, or drums (like Hendrix did on Fire, leaving room for Mitch Mitchell do do his jazz drums), I was thinking about proposing that we do a metal song that will be fun for our drummer.

I was thinking Rust in Peace by Megadeth (I know that really isn't a drum song, but I think it will be a good song for him).

So, Pit, what do you think?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Anything Lamb of God.
Anything Tool.

Actually Black Label my Lamb of God is awesome.
It has an amazing intro and is sorta easy to play on the guitar too.
Quote by Chris_Parker
Okay, so my band's drummer is into the whole double-bass drum madness drum parts, but he's willing to kind of switch up the style, because no one else in the band is really into that kind of thing (don't think we want to kick him out, though).

Anyway, since Cream had songs that were more focused on guitar, bass, or drums (like Hendrix did on Fire, leaving room for Mitch Mitchell do do his jazz drums), I was thinking about proposing that we do a metal song that will be fun for our drummer.

I was thinking Rust in Peace by Megadeth (I know that really isn't a drum song, but I think it will be a good song for him).

So, Pit, what do you think?

you should do that asswipestripes song seven nation army that is so difficult on the drums
I think everyone would be into a Tool song, though I've only heard a few of them myself. Any specific songs?

And the Dream Theater would be great. In fact, I'm gonna go watch Live at Budokan...

EDIT: Damn it, how could I forget Rush?!
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I think everyone would be into a Tool song, though I've only heard a few of them myself. Any specific songs?

Sober
Part Of Me
Stinkfist
The.
what style of music do you guys play
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by EvyDefMetal
you should do that asswipestripes song seven nation army that is so difficult on the drums

seven nation army on drums? THAT'S THE EASIEST THING ON THE PLANET

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by pawm24

I think he was being sarcastic.
The.
The song "One Little Victory" by Rush would be perfect. A blend of classic rock and harder stuff, but with the perfect drum intro for him. It might be pretty hard though.
Quote by Chris_Parker

And the Dream Theater would be great. In fact, I'm gonna go watch Live at Budokan...

EDIT: Damn it, how could I forget Rush?!

For Tool try out:
Cold and Ugly
Part of Me
Parabola
The Pot
The Grudge
Jambi
Rosetta Stoned
Lateralus
Ticks and Leeches

Most of Tool songs are pretty slow. I mentioned few of the faster ones there.
Or the whole album Opiate is pretty straightforward and fast.

Quote by Gregray88
Bleed the Fifth by Divine Heresy. Your drummer will **** his pants.

I'ld so hafta agree on that!!
Quote by pawm24

/facepalm
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
Quote by cap'n curry
what style of music do you guys play

Well, we are just basic hard rock. The other guitarist, bassist and I are into classic rock, but also modern (by that I mean recent) hard rock. The drummer is into As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Saosin...

We've "practiced" Knights of Cydonia, California Uber Alles, End of the World (By the Living End) and Queens of the Stone Age stuff.
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I think he was being sarcastic.

Sorry, haven't met Mr.Sarcasm... um.. sorry dude who I semi-cyber-slapped

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
"March of The Pigs" - Nine Inch Nails

The time signature will make him wish he never asked
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Quote by af_the_fragile
For Tool try out:
Cold and Ugly
Part of Me
Parabola
The Pot
The Grudge
Jambi
Rosetta Stoned
Lateralus

Most of Tool songs are pretty slow. I mentioned few of the faster ones there.
Or the whole album Opiate is pretty straightforward and fast.

That is the one I've heard and I love it.
Quote by Pauldapro
This dying soul by Dream theater
Honor Thy Father by Dream theater

Well if the guitarist are good enough to play that
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by Chris_Parker
Well, we are just basic hard rock. The other guitarist, bassist and I are into classic rock, but also modern (by that I mean recent) hard rock. The drummer is into As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Saosin...

We've "practiced" Knights of Cydonia, California Uber Alles, End of the World (By the Living End) and Queens of the Stone Age stuff.

Look into some Black Keys stuff. Pat Carney is a damn good drummer.

Songs to check out: Heavy Soul, Hard Row, Hurt Like Mine, I Cry Alone, Grown So Ugly, Thickfreakness, and Stack Shot Billy. It isn't really set up like your band, bt the drumming is awesome.

+1 on the uber alles by the way
Quote by NorseGodofRock
YYZ by Rush is a fun song for guitar, drums and bass. totally instrumental for like 7 ****ing minutes.

If you're bassist is sick as **** and your guitarist doesn't mind sitting out for part of the song, try the Lemon Song by Zeppelin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGFO128AmQg

lol our bassist doesn't even have a bass yet, he's got an Ibanez GRX20 and uses a crappy effect to make himself sound like a bass...

I could put my guitar down and play bass though, since the "bassist" and I plan on switching hats during certain songs anyway.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's also the fact that he isn't that good...
Quote by Pauldapro