Well, the title said most of it. I'm gonna be playing this at a accompanied vocals contest. in which the winner gets $500. (you may remember this from the jack johnson cover from a while back) I got second place last time, and I 'm hoping for first this time. How can I improve?

Music in the profile.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
sounds ok man
have you tried it half a step down or
experimenting with the capo
you could get some surprisngly good results that way
even changing the key
Nah, I just did it straight up. I usually try not to mess with key changes unless the song calls for it, but I will try it out! If my voice feels better on one of the different keys I'll try to sing it that way.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
I liked it but I think musically it would sound better if you used a capo as opposed to barre chords and good job on the fresh prince cover too....
1. you have a nice voice but you need to tune down a bit for the high note in the bridge, because thats a critical part of the song.

2. good quality recording.

3.it might sound better if the last note of every line was shortened by a tad bit..
basicly your not doing the bridge correctly. You need to be switching in and out of falsetto more. Im worken on getting this song down too and its a really tricky part and its super important to get right.

As the guy above me said. Work on shortening how long you carry the lyrics for. listen for which words tom adds in vibrato.

btw part of what makes this song good is the structure of the rythem guitar. Im not into the acoustic strumming versions. just me tho
Pretty good its just that your voice doesnt really match the tuning.

Fresh prince kicked ass lol
I put a rough version of what im doing for creep in my profile if your interested. And this was done single track. Im still worken on cleaning up parts cause i started learning how to sing it yesterday. IM using a loop station and playing the distortion piece thats how im doing it one track.