Hokay, so my just gave me Guitar Pro on a disc, and I'm trying to get it on my iMac, but.. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do I need to download some sort of software- stealing program? Use layman's terms if you can, I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

Help's much appreciated!
Quote by FireandFlames
Does your friend have a mac as well?

nope. He swears it'll work, though.
Was it the original disc or did he burn it?
If he burned the disc then it's probably missing some important file... software manufacturers tend to do that to prevent stealing *cough**cough**cough*
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by FireandFlames
Program files on PCs and Macs are completely different from one another...

Thought so... I guess he's just an idiot.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Thought so... I guess he's just an idiot.

Well, if you put the CD into your iMac and an installation window comes up, then install the program and you probably won't need the disk after you install the thing. If you put the CD into your iMac and your iMac is all like "what the hell do i do with this?" then, well, your friend COULD be an idiot.
I'm guessing that the CD might include installs for Windows AND OS X.
Quote by hisjap2003
Well, if you put the CD into your iMac and an installation window comes up, then install the program and you probably won't need the disk after you install the thing. If you put the CD into your iMac and your iMac is all like "what the hell do i do with this?" then, well, your friend COULD be an idiot.
I'm guessing that the CD might include installs for Windows AND OS X.

It's got the installer program on it, but my mac just reads it as a bunch of gibberish. My friend's officially a dumbass.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Hokay, so my just gave me Guitar Pro on a disc, and I'm trying to get it on my iMac, but.. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do I need to download some sort of software- stealing program? Use layman's terms if you can, I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

Help's much appreciated!

Your... your... your what? I must know. The suspense is killling me.
GO YANKEES!