Poll: Should schools limit what the children can eat, even if they bring it from home?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should schools limit what the children can eat, even if they bring it from home?
Yes
65 39%
No
103 61%
Voters: 168.
Page 1 of 2
An elementary school by my house has a student that has a pretty bad allergy to peanuts. Because of this, no one is allowed to bring any peanut based products into school. This means no PB&J, no peanut butter cookies, no snickers bars. Personally I think this is bullshit. I mean, it's an elementary school, for christ sakes! Many people only have the time to make a quick PB&J sandwich for their children. I think it's a minor breach of people's liberties. Not to make a big deal about it, I just don't like the idea of them telling people what they can and can't eat. So, how does the Pit feel about this?

EDIT: I'm sorry for offending anyone. I realize that I came off as insensitive. I merely meant to say that I think it's a bit far-fetched to ban all peanut related products in a school. I didn't mean it was a stupid rule. Of course a PB&J sammich isn't worth someones life, and if the rule were in my school, I'd follow it 100%. Again, sorry for offending anyone
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Last edited by nosushi4you at Mar 18, 2008,
It's hardly un-reasonable, it would make more sense for them to limit what they sell on-site and possibly have a table separate for those with serious allergies.
its reasonable. get over it.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
In general, no. However, some kids life is on the line, so that, if anything, would be an exception to the rule.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
It is the law, but I still think that there are ways around it, for example they could make the kid eat in a special room away from anyone with peanut butter. But I do think that it is pretty rediculous that it affects the whole school.
So, if you were allergic to peanuts, you'd be cool with being surrounded by people eating them?
Is the freedom to eat peanuts REALLY more important than the freedom to be alive? They still have plenty of freedom to switch schools, it's hardly an unreasonable request.

Peanut allergies kill very easily you know, you don't just get the sniffles.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I had the exact same thing when I was in elementary school. In this case though, she was extremely allergic to peanuts and strawberries. You should have saw her when the kid next to her was sneaking Reese's cups in class. She swelled up like that one chick from Willy Wonka.

To answer your question, I find that limiting what students can eat to protect the one with the peanut allergys safety is very reasonable. I'd rather have someone be safe than to have a couple snobby elementary school kids enjoying their PB&J while someone is dying.
Last edited by PrimalVexations at Mar 18, 2008,
OH NOEZZ!!!!11

Like 4 options are taking away out of a million.

Their are plenty of other sandwiches that they could make, not just PB&J.
I think that in an elementary school, where a kid would easily just give another kid some of his food w/o thinking about it hell yeah thats a good rule, past elementary school its dumb though
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
jesus christ
are you on your period over not being able to eat your reeses peanut butter cups or something?
**** your "liberties" if it means potentially saving someones life you god damn tool
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
I dont think its very fair, why should 100s of otehr kids go without good food because ONE child is allergic to peanuts? Total BS, theres going to be a time where primary schools (thats what ther called over here) arent going to be enjoyable at all.. I mean, i feel for the kid whoes allergic but what can you do really? Doesnt mean others should go without..
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
it's been that way at every school i''ve been to. didn't stop me from bringing the occasional peanut granola bar to school. get over it.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
weve had that rule for the entire time ive been in school. im going in my senior year next year. yeah it sux not having peanutbutter but now were at the point that we dont even realize it. but when im at home WHOOEEE!! ill put peanutbutter on anything!!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by Judge_David
I dont think its very fair, why should 100s of otehr kids go without good food because ONE child is allergic to peanuts? Total BS, theres going to be a time where primary schools (thats what ther called over here) arent going to be enjoyable at all.. I mean, i feel for the kid whoes allergic but what can you do really? Doesnt mean others should go without..

The kids don't go without food. They just have to improvise and find something else to eat for the safety of the one with the allergy.
Quote by COBHC6
jesus christ
are you on your period over not being able to eat your reeses peanut butter cups or something?
**** your "liberties" if it means potentially saving someones life you god damn tool

Chill out dude. Like I said, I don't think it's that big of a deal, and of course it's not worth a child loosing their life. I just think it's a bit ridiculous that it affects the whole school.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Shut up kid.

You'd risk someones life for a peanutbutter sandwich?

I love peanutbutter but I won't risk someones life for my right to eat the stuff.
hey, at least you guys don't have jamie oliver targeting moronic parents and telling them how to feed their kids
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
My cousin lives in Dearborn, MI and goes to high school. The population of her high school is 75 percent Muslim. They protested because the food wasn't blessed by Allah or something, and the entire menu was changed. Foods that weren't custom to the Muslim religion were removed and food blessed by Allah was added. I don't agree with this at all and I believe this is on topic. (I don't have anything against Muslims BTW)
Quote by freedoms_stain
Shut up kid.

You'd risk someones life for a peanutbutter sandwich?

I love peanutbutter but I won't risk someones life for my right to eat the stuff.

Yeah, because I totally said that I'd risk the kids life
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

It would probably be more fair, if the kid with the allergy stayed away from the eating facility/or whatever whilst others eat...i mean...
how the hell is the kid going to eat my peanutbutter?
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
I never understood PB & J sandwiches.......
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by PeepingNinja
My cousin lives in Dearborn, MI and goes to high school. The population of her high school is 75 percent Muslim. They protested because the food wasn't blessed by Allah or something, and the entire menu was changed. Foods that weren't custom to the Muslim religion were removed and food blessed by Allah was added. I don't agree with this at all and I believe this is on topic. (I don't have anything against Muslims BTW)

You mean halal....It's like kosher, but more special to muslims. It's like a special way of killing the animal....Little to do with a religious ritual...it's just slitting the throat and let the animal bleed so that there's no more blood inside it.

Oh yeah, and just to educate you a little more Allah = God. That's not his name. That's just an arabic word for god. Just like Bonjour = Hello in french. Gracias = Thank you in spanish ETC
Last edited by zwound at Mar 18, 2008,
I actually don't like peanut butter that much; and no, I wouldn't risk the kid's life so I can eat my peanut products. I don't even think it's that big of a deal. It's not even my school. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to ban all peanut products from a school. That includes products that were manufactured on machines that are around peanuts.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by zwound
You mean halal....It's like kosher, but more special to muslims. It's like a special way of killing the animal....Little to do with a religious ritual...it's just slitting the throat and let the animal bleed so that there's no more blood inside it.

Oh yeah, and just to educate you a little more Allah = God. That's not his name. That's just an arabic word for god. Just like Bonjour = Hello Gracias = Thank you.

Ok dude. Thanks for educating me. I'm just dumb.
Quote by nosushi4you
Chill out dude. Like I said, I don't think it's that big of a deal, and of course it's not worth a child loosing their life. I just think it's a bit ridiculous that it affects the whole school.

dont contradict yourself
you can either have your peanut butter cups and risk someone dieing
or just not have any peanut butter
theres no in between that makes sense
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by COBHC6
dont contradict yourself
you can either have your peanut butter cups and risk someone dieing
or just not have any peanut butter
theres no in between that makes sense

If you'll read my first post, I stated that I don't think it's a big deal. Perhaps I should have written it better.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by PeepingNinja
Ok dude. Thanks for educating me. I'm just dumb.

Hey, broadness of the eye is something you buildd a sandgrain at a time

Hey, i was wrong once too, but if we leave ignorance aside and learn a bit about different cultures, then i think we can achieve a better world.

I'm an athiest myself
Quote by nosushi4you
Yeah, because I totally said that I'd risk the kids life

People with extreme allergies can go into shock at the smell of their allergy, and if they don't get their injection within about 60 secs they're dead, so yes, you're risking their lives.

Don't rolleyes me when you don't have a clue asshole, if you did you wouldn't have started this thread.
Quote by freedoms_stain
People with extreme allergies can go into shock at the smell of their allergy, and if they don't get their injection within about 60 secs they're dead, so yes, you're risking their lives.

Don't rolleyes me when you don't have a clue asshole, if you did you wouldn't have started this thread.

I know how allergies work, thank you very much. I'd follow the rule if it was at my school, so no, I wouldn't risk the kids life. I know I'm coming off as insensitive, so I'm sorry for that.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by nosushi4you
I know how allergies work, thank you very much. I'd follow the rule if it was at my school, so no, I wouldn't risk the kids life. I know I'm coming off as insensitive, so I'm sorry for that.

you could make a completely seperate thread saying your sorry if you wanted
no, its their food

they shouldnt make us cut our hair or shave either
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
i know why it pisses you off, i had to live with it till i got to highschool, but i am glad it was banned because my buddy was is so allergic to them, if he even gets the grease from it on his hand he goes into anaphalyctic shock(spelling?)
Quote by COBHC6
you could make a completely seperate thread saying your sorry if you wanted

And risk getting warned? I think I'll edit my first post then
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Page 1 of 2