I've decided it would be a good idea to branch out a bit on what I listen to in order to get some new riff and progression ideas. I mostly listen to modern rock and metal (Muse and In Flames being my favourites), and I'm working on an album in a similar style to Muse at the moment, so I was wondering if people could suggest to me some artists from other genres that I could listen to and get some new inspiration from.
If your into stuff like that, try listning to some old Avenged sevenfold, like "Sounding the seventh trumpet"
Quote by toxica
I've decided it would be a good idea to branch out a bit on what I listen to in order to get some new riff and progression ideas. I mostly listen to modern rock and metal (Muse and In Flames being my favourites), and I'm working on an album in a similar style to Muse at the moment, so I was wondering if people could suggest to me some artists from other genres that I could listen to and get some new inspiration from.

Listen to orchestral music. Listen to jazz. Listen to blues. Listen to rap. Listen to operas. Listen to avant-garde music.

Pretty much listen to the most DIVERSE, OBSCURE music you can find.