put in my valvestate 8040 a couple of 6L6 tubes??

would it be too complicated??

if youre going to tell me to sell the amp and buy another one, just dont tell it to me.

thks!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
If I'm not mistaken, the valvestate has tubes in the pre-amp and 6L6s are power amp tubes so yeah....
LOLOLOLOLOL
hjaahhahahahahhahahahah
LULZLULZULUZLULZ
Seriously, you're doing it wrong.
Valvestates DONT have powertubes dude.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i know, so there is no way to transform my valvestate into a tube amp i guess?

just asking, not that im an idiot or else, but im not just THE EXPERT on amps...
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ivan_2894
i know, so there is no way to transform my valvestate into a tube amp i guess?

just asking, not that im an idiot or else, but im not just THE EXPERT on amps...

Uh. you dont need to be an expert to have common sense.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i dont loose nothing in asking. do i?
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Be nice kool, lol.
But, no, you can't.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No, not really. Well it's possible in theory I think, but basically, no.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by ivan_2894
put in my valvestate 8040 a couple of 6L6 tubes??

would it be too complicated??

if youre going to tell me to sell the amp and buy another one, just dont tell it to me.

thks!

Why ask a question if you don't want an answer?

It cannot be done without rebuilding the entire amp; so you'll have to buy a new one.
Quote by ivan_2894

You OBVIOUSLY knew what the answer was. You even had it in your original post.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
have a look here... covers a few issues that may be of use..

okay, it is not exactly the same as you are asking, but shows they can be swapped around... why not e-mail the experts, ..?

How will changing from 6L6's to EL34's affect my tone?

This is a very frequent question and although there is no perfect answer that fits all amps I can give you a pretty good idea what to expect. I've swapped EL34's and 6L6's around in Marshall's, Fender's, Mesa's and Peavey's to name a few and the results are basically the same. EL34's in general don't have a low end that is as deep as a 6L6 so EL34's tend to sound hotter in the mids. EL34's breakup a little earlier then 6L6's and the harmonic content of the mids and highs are more prominent. These differences become more noticeable as volumes increase. You have probably heard the term "Marshall crunch" used before. This term is used to describe the sound of EL34 type tubes when they are being driven into distortion. So if you’re looking for a great Classic rock tone with lots of complex mids you might want to try some EL34's. The JJ E34L's will crunch up real nice but they do have a deeper tighter low end than a standard EL34. If you like a big low end thump then I would stick with a good 6L6 unless you have room for the JJ KT88's which have a BIG low end but sound more like EL34's in the mids and highs.
Quote by redmapj
have a look here... covers a few issues that may be of use..

okay, it is not exactly the same as you are asking, but shows they can be swapped around... why not e-mail the experts, ..?

How will changing from 6L6's to EL34's affect my tone?

This is a very frequent question and although there is no perfect answer that fits all amps I can give you a pretty good idea what to expect. I've swapped EL34's and 6L6's around in Marshall's, Fender's, Mesa's and Peavey's to name a few and the results are basically the same. EL34's in general don't have a low end that is as deep as a 6L6 so EL34's tend to sound hotter in the mids. EL34's breakup a little earlier then 6L6's and the harmonic content of the mids and highs are more prominent. These differences become more noticeable as volumes increase. You have probably heard the term "Marshall crunch" used before. This term is used to describe the sound of EL34 type tubes when they are being driven into distortion. So if you’re looking for a great Classic rock tone with lots of complex mids you might want to try some EL34's. The JJ E34L's will crunch up real nice but they do have a deeper tighter low end than a standard EL34. If you like a big low end thump then I would stick with a good 6L6 unless you have room for the JJ KT88's which have a BIG low end but sound more like EL34's in the mids and highs.

Why did you even waste your time?
His amp doesnt even HAVE powertubes. it has A(1) preamp tube.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Why did you even waste your time?
His amp doesnt even HAVE powertubes. it has A(1) preamp tube.

ummmm, because I chose to..? heres a guy looking for help, as I clearly stated, if you read my post....

"okay, it is not exactly the same as you are asking, but shows they can be swapped around... why not e-mail the experts, ..? "

get the drift.... not the same, ask the experts....! a bit of help instead of no help is better than criticism..!!

In threads like this, I generally say...

If you have to ask us, then yes, it is too complicated for you.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this