I need to know if the routing on my RR3 with a Jackson Lisenced Floyd Rose is going to be big enough for an Original Floyd Rose. I know the String holding screws on an OFR are alot longer than the one on the lincensed ones. Do you think it will fit before I buy it. And routing it biger is out of the question because there is literally NO more room to rout away... maybe like 1cm.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
How come you need to replace it? Did it wear out? Just wondering because I have an RR3 Rhoads as well and have been very pleased with the performance of the licensed Floyd Rose on it.
the knife edges aren't rolling anymore. Their really worn for the most part. And it actually forming a bend on the block, I tune to drop C and I had a professional fix it at first. I had to have it redone and then it started to wear down. I know that OFR's are much better quallity than a liscenced one anywho, so I really would just like to trade it out.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I'm surprised, I thought the trem on the RR3 is supposed to be a pretty good one.

You can look for a Schaller that will fit, maybe? They might be smaller. You may need to get a luthier to move the trem posts though, which would require filling in the old holes and making new ones.
Do you know where I can find a luthier around metro atlanta. I've been looking and I cant find one.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
is ur rr3 the one with the chrome trem or the black one? cos i heard that the old chrome ones are ****ty and the new black ones are good.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Its the Black one. It was good for a while. I've had it like 3 years, its jsut wearing down really badly lol
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
An OFR will fit into that cavity no problem. A lot of those Jackson trems are pretty unusable too. Some won't flutter (due to cheap springs), I really hate this one, and then the usual going out of tune. OFRs are really pricey but totally worth it if you want to go crazy with the trem.
OFR WILL NOT FIT! An OFR Lo Pro or Schaller will fit, but the others won't.
That ain't an RR3. The route is wrong. Looks like it was an older X series thats been modified heavily; non stock color, plus the the route for the JT500 (Schaller knock off); note how it's wider than the OFR. The Schaller has the shorter lock bolts, but given the nature of it someone probably extended them to fit the OFR. Did you buy it that way?

EDIT: Plus it has the telltale smaller logo of the older X series.
Quote by CJRocker
That ain't an RR3. The route is wrong. Looks like it was an older X series thats been modified heavily; non stock color, plus the the route for the JT500 (Schaller knock off); note how it's wider than the OFR. The Schaller has the shorter lock bolts, but given the nature of it someone probably extended them to fit the OFR. Did you buy it that way?

EDIT: Plus it has the telltale smaller logo of the older X series.

The routing is the same as my DK2. I had the OFR in my DK2 until my RR was completed. I bought just the body off ebay, and there was no modification of it. The color is just faded from blue to purple (where the pickup covers were it was still blue). If the routing of my DK2 which definitely had an LFR fit it, theres no reason any other Jacson with an LFR can't fit an OFR.

I know the stuff is older, especially the neck, which I also bought off ebay, but both were totally separate. I have to say the neck is way higher quality than the crap 'Jackson' is putting out now
Quote by decadence5423
The routing is the same as my DK2. I had the OFR in my DK2 until my RR was completed. I bought just the body off ebay, and there was no modification of it. The color is just faded from blue to purple (where the pickup covers were it was still blue). If the routing of my DK2 which definitely had an LFR fit it, theres no reason any other Jacson with an LFR can't fit an OFR.

I know the stuff is older, especially the neck, which I also bought off ebay, but both were totally separate. I have to say the neck is way higher quality than the crap 'Jackson' is putting out now

Check again. The route on that has square wide sides, like the route for the Schaller. The neck is also apparently an X series; I had an X series neck with a logo like it. And does the DK2 fit the OFR with the lock bolts in? I know for a fact they cannot UNLESS they sported the non Lo Pro JT580, which the RR10XD, RR3, and DK2 never did. I'm telling you dude, thats an X series, or maybe a Performer with an X series neck. The RR3s never came in that control config either; that came ont he X and Performer. Whats the serial on both the DK2 and the "RR3"
Quote by CJRocker
Check again. The route on that has square wide sides, like the route for the Schaller. The neck is also apparently an X series; I had an X series neck with a logo like it. And does the DK2 fit the OFR with the lock bolts in? I know for a fact they cannot UNLESS they sported the non Lo Pro JT580, which the RR10XD, RR3, and DK2 never did. I'm telling you dude, thats an X series, or maybe a Performer with an X series neck. The RR3s never came in that control config either; that came ont he X and Performer. Whats the serial on both the DK2 and the "RR3"

I'm not doubting what you're saying, or that you don't know what you're talking about. I remember the DK2 fitting the OFR no problem, strait out of the box. And I had a blast on it. I sold the DK2 a month ago, it was an '05 Eerie Dress Swirl, so its pretty standard and up to date. The lock bolts were however, slightly too long for the RR, but only on the low end (note wise) for one or two strings. I had the truss rod adjusted at a guitar shop and the guy somehow fixed the bolt problem, I have no idea how though.
Could I possibly put short lock bolts on an OFR then it would fit?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
If it has a JT580LP, then a OFR will fit just fine. It will look a little small in the huge JT580LP route, but it will fit fine. Gotoh's will also fit.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Could I possibly put short lock bolts on an OFR then it would fit?

No. They won't fit as they are fatter.

I'm not doubting what you're saying, or that you don't know what you're talking about. I remember the DK2 fitting the OFR no problem, strait out of the box. And I had a blast on it. I sold the DK2 a month ago, it was an '05 Eerie Dress Swirl, so its pretty standard and up to date. The lock bolts were however, slightly too long for the RR, but only on the low end (note wise) for one or two strings. I had the truss rod adjusted at a guitar shop and the guy somehow fixed the bolt problem, I have no idea how though.

Must of gotten lucky. The RR, he likely did the old lower the pickup trick. Lower the magnet or pickup to lessen the magnetic pull just enough to get the lockbolt in so it doesn't touch.