I'm just getting back into playing after a couple of years break and am considering a new guitar (playing a gax70 now)

I've been an player in the past and am happy with their guitars but I thought I would try something different. I've been looking at ESP Guitars and am considering the M-1000. I have a chance to get this at a close out price (750) and am comparing it to the MH-1000.

Has anyone had any experience with these guitars? I'm trying to decide if the MH-1000 is really worth $200 more or if I should go with a blem MH-400 for 200 dollars less.
M-1000 is a great guitar it reminds me of a jackson soloist.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
The M series is far better than the MH series. I have a MH-200FM and it's a nice mid-range guitar but I've played the M guitars and they play so much better. But if it's between the MH-400 or the MH-1000, I'd get the MH-1000. They're almost the same but it's a matter of how much you're willing to pay. Either is good. I'm not so much a fan of ESP anymore, their necks aren't thin enough for me (I'm an Ibanez kinda guy). But if you can get your hands on a M-1000, get that dude. It's a really great axe when compared to the lower end MH guitars.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
I love Ibanez guitars and they do have incredibly fast necks. My previous main guitar was an s470 that I replaced the stock up's with 81's & 85's (EMG). Which is one reason I'm going towards an ESP with stock actives.

The MH-1000 is about $200 more than the M-1000. I can't see any real difference spec wise, except cosmetically and that there's an '85 in the neck position. Both have original FR trems,

THe M-1000

Set-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Flamed Maple Top
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
43mm Neck Width
Extra Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
Floyd Rose Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / 81 (N) Active p.u.

and MH-1000

Set-Thru
25.5” Scale
Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
42mm Neck Width
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
Floyd Rose Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u.

I wish I could sit down and compare them side by side.
Actually there are pretty big differences between the two..

Mahogany vs Alder
81 81 vs 81 85 Emg's
42mm vs 43mm nut
Extra Thin U vs Then U

Those are the main componets for tone and playabilty....
Quote by rky
MH also has an arched top, doesn't it?

Yup - They sure do. This is something I just noticed as well.. pretty spiffy...
I would go with the MH. Mahogany > alder (IMO), EMG 81/85 > 81/81 (IMO), thin U > extra thin U (IMO, extra thins are just... too thin for me), body binding w/ quilted top > flamed top w/o binding (IMO).

But really, they are both good guitars.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.