It has occured to me that half the threads I come to, someone tells you to use the search bar. Sometimes theres an official topic for the given thread, but I think most the time people are just spamming. Your thoughts?
Use Search Bar?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
No, people should learn to use the searchbar, maybe next time they won't waste our time with a new thread on Ipods when there's one already.
I think people get wayyyy too bitchy about the search bar sometimes

I don't mean you, I mean the people who tell you to use it because there was one similar thread a year ago
Quote by freedoms_stain
No, people should learn to use the searchbar, maybe next time they won't waste our time with a new thread on Ipods when there's one already.

Yes, but I agree that the "use the search bar" tactic is way overused on quite a few threads where it simply isn't needed.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by GiantRaven
I think people get wayyyy too bitchy about the search bar sometimes

I don't mean you, I mean the people who tell you to use it because there was one similar thread a year ago

EXACTLY
I'd rather post a duplicate thread than get banned for necroposting
Maybe they should make saying "use the search bar" a bannable thing... hmmmmmm....

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Maybe they should make saying "use the search bar" a bannable thing... hmmmmmm....

Maybe the search bar spammers should provide with the topics themselves /gasp
People should learn to remove to sand from their vaginas. I mean, who cares if two, three or even five threads about the same thing are made in the same week? I'd much rather have my own thread then resurect a dead one which would probably get much less respnse than a new thread.
Also, I do beleive there is a rule against resurecting old threads.
if someone comes to a thread and people are actually, you know, having a discussion, the person will then make a post saying "Use the searchbar!" to try and fit in. it never works.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
The searchbar kinda sucks because if the thread has a title like "I have a problem" it's not really gonna help anyway.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
searchbar people are stupid.

do you want people to bump posts from 2006? or would you rather they didnt even talk about a subject if its been done before? the internet is made of copypasta. would you rather the pit was only the demotivators, ebragging, and high schoolers whining about their bs?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by guitarmannn
Oh how I love first posts!

I could go for a beer right now/too late bed time

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I hate that saying, unless it was said wittily, in a way pertaining to the topic.

I mean, if we use the search bar, and have to post our question in the end of the thread, nobody's going to see it, and it will never be answered, because nobody goes to the last post of a thread when they go into it.

Just makes more sense to make a new thread, and have everybody see it.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
People who make search bar jokes need to

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP

Because it isn't funny or witty.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by mafropetee
Yes, but I agree that the "use the search bar" tactic is way overused on quite a few threads where it simply isn't needed.

I've seen new threads started on topics that are on the FIRST page.

How many times were threads started on the chick who sat on the shitter for 2 yrs? 5 maybe?
honestly i think most people do it just for the hell of it. i guarantee most people who post it dont actually search to see if the statement they made was even valid.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I've seen new threads started on topics that are on the FIRST page.

How many times were threads started on the chick who sat on the shitter for 2 yrs? 5 maybe?

Am I talking about those threads? No. Calm down.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Witty like this:

Well, in situations like this, I like to use my superior intellect to answer the question being asked, so the threadstarter doesn't have to search other forums for the answer, because if he doesn't find the answer he might get so depressed that he goes to a bar, and drinks himself to death.

Not so good, but you get what I mean.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Normally I'm opposed to search bar references

but it gets so annoying when I see a thread about the world ending in 2012 or 666 people viewing the Pit that could have been easily avoided by using the search bar. Some people really do need to be reminded to use the search bar
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
i hate the search bar, people are posting a thread because THEY ( not some one else's thread) want to know something.

and secondly, who the **** cares????
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by cire sirrah
i hate the search bar, people are posting a thread because THEY ( not some one else's thread) want to know something.

and secondly, who the **** cares????

This guy.