ok im trying to figure out what i should do. write now i have a boss br 600 recorder but now people are saying i cant even record a band with that. so what should i do. do you think buying protools would be a good solution or what. well my budget is $1000 and i dont know what to do. i would really apreciate anyones help.
Do what I told you in your other thread. 8 track tape and 16 track mixer.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
ok but is pro tools worth it or not cuz with both of those that is already over 1000 cuz just the mixer is 850
Quote by vacancy33
ok but is pro tools worth it or not cuz with both of those that is already over 1000 cuz just the mixer is 850

Nah man, the New 1604 VLZ3 is $850, but the VLZ Pro goes for $400 - $600 on eBay. It's the same product with slightly different preamps.

ProTools isn't worth it. Might as well just, err... 'borrow' it from a 'friend'.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Great plan, until you get to the cant use without accompanying hardware part.

I recommend the following -

If you computer supports firewire, pick up a used MOTU 896 or MOTU 896HD. Download Reaper as your DAW program.

Gives you 8 channels of simultaneaous ins, very good preamps for an audio interface, routing and monitoring options I doubt you'd ever need, and a good solid program to record it all into.

You'd still have around $400 left over to spend on mics or anything else you might need down the road.
Quote by MrPillow
Great plan, until you get to the cant use without accompanying hardware part.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
ProTools can only be used with Digidesign or select M-Audio hardware connected to the computer. I'm not much a fan of Digidesign or M-Audio hardware, so hardly see any reason to get ProTools.