i have 5 preamp tubes for my VK and i heard that most of the gain comes from the first socket.
Which socket would be the first one? ( i have the 112 combo)

Also what tubes would be best where? they are : electro harmonics 12at7EH and it says 07 09 on the bottom(x2) , Electro harmonics 12ax7EH says 06 11(x2), and a JJ ecc 83 s

All of the EHs say made in russia if that makes a difference.

Also i play lost of classic rock, blues and metal if you need to know.
? The 112 combo only has 3 preamp tubes and 2 power tubes. Did you add all the tubes together by mistake? The big ones are power amp tubes and the smaller ones are preamp tubes. Ive always heard and thought that jjs in the power tubes and tung-sols and jjs in the preamp are a good choice.
no i didnt add the pres and powers up i have 3 stock pres and 2 other random pres sitting around and i was wondering which would do the most good in which positon
1) Learn how to speak proper english
2) Learn to count
3) Proceed to explain your problem to the UG Community
4) ???
5) Profit

Honestly, what the hell are you saying? The Valveking only has 3 preamp tubes.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
what im trying to say is ...i have 5 diffrent pre amp tubes...3 of them are the stock ones 2 of them are EH tubes.

I want to know which 3 are the best and which tube socket to put them in my amp for the best tone. I have heard that diffrent preamp tubes in diffrent positions can make for more or less gain.
Ok.

Well you'd probably want to put the EH's in the first 2 positions and a stock in the 3rd then if you dont have any better tubes. I dont know exactly where the first position is, so dont ask me. Check out the last few posts in my "Russian Groove Tubes" thread
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I doubt that all of those tubes are actually preamp tubes. Usually 12AX7s, AT7s, AU7s, etc are used for reverb or effects loop purposes on tube amps. Also if the amp is a push pull circuit, which I'm guessing the valveking obviously is, one of the 12AX7s will be a phase inverter in the power section. Most preamps are actually only 2-3 12AX7s in reality depending on the level of gain needed in the amp, how its wired, etc.

And I just looked it up for you, the Valveking 112 has 3 12AX7s (2 preamp, 1 phase inverter) and 2 6L6GCs (the much larger octal power tubes in push pull config)
Oh yes, use the 12AX7s you have. Those are the Higher Gain ones. Hmm. Rereading your post, you should put the JJ 12AX7 in V1 and the EHX 12AX7s in V2 and 3
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by Axecutioner
I doubt that all of those tubes are actually preamp tubes. Usually 12AX7s, AT7s, AU7s, etc are used for reverb or effects loop purposes on tube amps. Also if the amp is a push pull circuit, which I'm guessing the valveking obviously is, one of the 12AX7s will be a phase inverter in the power section. Most preamps are actually only 2-3 12AX7s in reality depending on the level of gain needed in the amp, how its wired, etc.

And I just looked it up for you, the Valveking 112 has 3 12AX7s (2 preamp, 1 phase inverter) and 2 6L6GCs (the much larger octal power tubes in push pull config)

You misunderstood him (well, I did too at first). He has 5 preamp tubes. The valveking has 3 preamp tubes. He has those 3 preamp tubes and 2 more he got from somewhere. So basically, he has 2 extra preamp tubes.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.