I posted this in the New&Improved Floyd Rose Setup (or whatever it was) thread, but it doesn't seem to want to resurface.

Being the experimental person I am, I want to see if I can get the action on my Edwards AL-128 lower. It used to be really high, but a truss rod adjustment made it feel like a new guitar. Still though, the action could be lower, and I don't know how to adjust it. Do you use those big anchoring screws that the trem knives go around?

And for those that don't know, it came stock with an OFR.

EDIT: A few more things...

To properly intonate my guitar for standard tuning (I'm gonna tak it down to Eb eventually, but I'll be getting another axe for standard later, and I'm strung with 10-46s, but I usually use 10-52)) I would have to take the saddles out to the point that the screws strike the body, instead of going down into the routing provided. Is there any way to prevent this? I can't find replacement saddle screws at Warmoth. Can I take the screws out and trim about a centimeter of length from them without adversely affecting the performance?

Additionally, would lighter/heavier strings keep me from having to take the saddle back so far? I'm not sure of the ways that string gauge affect intonation.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Bump =/

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Bump.

Does ANYBODY really know this stuff here?

Stupid name.

You can adjust the action by turning the two posts that the floyd floats on. Turning it clockwise will lower the action and counter will raise it. Intonation gets tricky because it takes a while. Here's an instructional video...

http://www.floydrose.com/videoINT.html

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Thanks for the help with the action! I suspected those screws had something to do with it, but I didn't wanna screw with them (haha!) without a second opinion. Oh, and I know how to intonate, I just want to know what gauge strings I could use to keep the screws from slamming against the body when I pull up because they've gone out so far.

Stupid name.