Page 1 of 5
Alright, so today I brought my guitar to school. (despite the 'jazz band' incident some of you may know of.)

It's a classical accoustic guitar. Nothing weird about it. I was carrying it to my locker after school, and I got at least (AT LEAST) 3 comments that were somewhere around the field of "Hey, guitar hero live!" or "are you a guitar hero lolol."

I was sort of fuming from that, but I was playing it in the band room for a bit after school, and this random girl was there. she badgered me the entire time. Here was our convo.

HER: Hey, play me a song.
ME: Ok. (midnight, joe satriani)
HER: Oh, cool, but can you play like.. a real song?
ME: ...like what.
HER: *lists a bunch of guitar hero songs*

WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GAME FRANCHISE DONE TO OUR ART?!
DAMN YOU GUITAR HERO! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOUUUUUU!

Also, the ignorant knowledge that spreads about guitars through the general populace is funny. According to over half my school, electric guitars don't need amps, and can't sound clean. EVER.

What the hell is wrong with people?
discuss.
This all looks familiar. As if I've seen similar rants before...
D:
Signature.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Now you know why it's better to play bass.....

Until Bass guitar hero comes out...
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
I'd say half what you said are general ignorances that would exist with or without guitar hero.

I met a violinist who had her mind boggled by the concept of hammer ons/pull offs.
Quote by Friggly

Er... wouldn't it be Bass Hero?
I don't need a sig....
Quote by ignorant cu*t
Freebird on expert is definately harder than real guitar

*sigh*
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by freedoms_stain
I met a violinist who had her mind boggled by the concept of hammer ons/pull offs.

And she can play slurs?
Also, the ignorant knowledge that spreads about guitars through the general populace is funny. According to over half my school, electric guitars don't need amps, and can't sound clean. EVER.

people are dumb
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Eh you can already play the bass part on GH and RB so it's too late for that excuse. Personally I don't see how GH demoralizes playing guitar. It's just a game try not to let it get to you.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Shut up, was there ever a special dignity about being a guitarist? Guitar Hero is a fun video game, this is why I hate calling myself a guitarist.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
my response to this is "who cares", just ignore those people and keep playin your guitar man.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Now you know why it's better to play bass.....

+1 my friend.

And no i'm not a bassist, that was just a good comment, especially in light of guitar hero's constant mockery of bassists.
tru dat
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by InvaderTSN
And she can play slurs?

I take it that's some kind of violin technique similar to a hammer on/pull off, and if so, no idea what her skill level was.
Quote by GeneralGrim

HER: Hey, play me a song.
ME: Ok. (midnight, joe satriani)
HER: Oh, cool, but can you play like.. a real song?
ME: ...like what.
HER: *lists a bunch of guitar hero songs*

discuss.

and let's be honest, did you really expect her to know who anything about satriani? half the general population doesn't know who he is.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Zar Mulix
Er... wouldn't it be Bass Hero?

Technically yes, but then if you didn't see the cover, most people would think it was a fishing game.
+1 to TS

then again, they don't play guitar, so its not the biggest deal is it. Sure its annoying, but its better than accordian hero or something (no offense to any accordian players here lol)

That being said I own all 3 guitar hero games (not rock the 80's), so feel free to call me a hypocrit if you wish...
Quote by freedoms_stain
I take it that's some kind of violin technique similar to a hammer on/pull off, and if so, no idea what her skill level was.

It's the same thing. Just that you change picking with using the bow.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'd say half what you said are general ignorances that would exist with or without guitar hero.

She must of been a pretty pathetic violinist then.
Quote by InvaderTSN
And she can play slurs?

Yeah, i thought that too. I'm not sure that I believe what the guy before you said either.

Anyway, who cares? these people obviously didn't/don't know music anyway, so what does it matter? Know they're just openly idiots. I mean, we already have enough power-chord playing strat-holding, smoke on the water/greenday/falloutboy experts, now the masses are just moving to video games. Good. Might bring the prices of real guitars down.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by freedoms_stain

slurs are moving from one note to a another without playing a new note
it is played but moving the finger to the new note or if played on a wind instrument using a light tongue

anyway glissandos own slurs
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
It's a video game, do drivers complain about driving video games, no. It's fun, why does it piss you people off so much? It's just a simulation of guitar.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
stupid ignorant teenagers....

i wonder if you've ever considered the thought of telling people that real music is orginal and honored by people with brains.

rock and roll (assuming you like it) was all about rebellion and telling people to sht the **** up about daring to do something different (jack black would agree lol)

i would be proud to walk around with my guitar and play **** differently to whats heard on the radio and on mass media. keep at what u love and you might find a girl who think's you're awesome for having a real opinion about something.

cheeeeers
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by freedoms_stain

wait, dude, you don't know what a slur is? it's just a simple musical term, meaning to sustain the value of the note into the next note ( no space at all between the notes). Any musician should know that.

oh, and N dog, on wind instruments, you don't even tongue it.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
U know what?

You're totally right.

And Call of Duty 4 takes the dignity away from soldiers.
And Ninja Gaiden takes the dignity away from being a ninja.
And Pirates of the Caribbean takes the dignity away from being a pirate.
And Halo 3 takes the dignity away from being a cyborg uber-warrior.
And DDR takes the pride away from dancers.
And Project Gotham takes the pride away from being a street racer.

Grow a pair, it's just a game.

**** those losers who think Guitar Hero is tougher than guitar. I mean, sure, it's fun and all, but it doesnt come close to real guitar.

Don't let all those impressionable losers get to you. They all probably jack off to Hannah Montana anyways.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by cashewchaching
wait, dude, you don't know what a slur is? it's just a simple musical term, meaning to sustain the value of the note into the next note ( no space at all between the notes). Any musician should know that.

oh, and N dog, on wind instruments, you don't even tongue it.

Unless one was perhaps self taught.....
my response to this is "who cares", just ignore those people and keep playin your guitar man.

Yeah. Somehow it makes me feel good knowing that so many people don't know a thing about guitar.... and I do.

... What really burns me is when I hear someone talking about hammer-ons or finger taping and find out after asking if they play guitar, that they're talking about guitar hero.

And some people actually claim that guitar hero is just like guitar. To me that is taking away the dignity of musical instruments in general, especially since I've built a guitar and know full well the absolute precision and work that goes into them; the stupid guitar hero controller is nothing but a junk piece of molded plastic with five equally crude buttons on it.
*sigh*

im sorry.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Not ALL of the guitar hero songs are random rock songs with a generic solo. There are some good songs on there.

One of the things that are worse than people who listen to nothing but the newest hit single religously are the musical elitists who have to play obscure music and get all pissed if you dont recognize what you're playing.
Quote by StreetLight3989
It's a video game, do drivers complain about driving video games, no. It's fun, why does it piss you people off so much? It's just a simulation of guitar.

Well said. It's just a video game, people like to play it, get over it. It seems a little ridiculous that you've lost some dignity over what a few people (who obviously know nothing about guitar) said to you.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Friggly

Yeah, that'll be fun...

*30 seconds into song*

*single note*

*quits game*
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Page 1 of 5