Ok so I have been wanting an HSH reverse headstock RG for quite some time now and last week Ibanez released these beauties in Japan only

The US market gets cheap EMG HH only and in flat black, or spackle-shards in silver, blue, and red.

Ok, so I do like the spackle-shards.... but a HH config with those weak EMG passives?
Sorry, I like HSH on Ibbies!

I guess what I am getting at is ....
Has anyone got their grubby little paws on one of these beasties yet???
I am trying dillegently to obtain one but as I have stated,
these are impossible to get from the US market, eBay, craigslist, or Hoshino USA even! ( yes, I know, that confuses the $#!+ out of me too! ).

Whatcha think?

PS: I currently have an RG350MDX in white which has survived my many attempts at Marty Freedman and Dimebag solos while keeping in tune.
At under $400.00 this guitar is the best shredder I have ever owned.
(playing 17 years, I have played a lot of guitars from every make.)
for me it's the bees knees!
My only drawback though.... I want this guitar to have a reverse headstock
It's only real in Fireworks!
Noob to UG, not guitar
SuperSaijin 4 Guitar
Cant stand the lower end rg line. Pure junk for the most part.

No shim in the neck or locking nut.
No trem route so you cant get a full pull.
Bolts come loose constantly.
Loud creak when using tremolo, loud and hard enough you think you broke the neck.
And Edge III tremolo is pure junk and gets wear after a month and also can break in half.

But other then that a real joy to play...
I used to be a set-up guy at Hoshino here in PA so routine maintenance doesn't bother me and if/when the trem wears I'll just replace them.
The RG350 I have has been fine sine I got it and you are right, it is a joy to play

Cheers!
Noob to UG, not guitar
SuperSaijin 4 Guitar
Quote by ibanezjimjim666
I used to be a set-up guy at Hoshino here in PA so routine maintenance doesn't bother me and if/when the trem wears I'll just replace them.
The RG350 I have has been fine sine I got it and you are right, it is a joy to play

Cheers!

Cool, as long as you know what your getting into....

After i set mine up i loved the thing and was able to get the action super low. But had a RG560 fall in my lap and decided to get rid of the rg370 and get an esp. So now i have both an esp and the 560 im building, which is going to be quite a beast..
You are so lucky about the 560 .
I'd really like a 550 in desert yellow with matching reverse headstock and maple fretboard, am I asking for too much?

Cheers! Jim
Noob to UG, not guitar
SuperSaijin 4 Guitar
Quote by ibanezjimjim666
You are so lucky about the 560 .
I'd really like a 550 in desert yellow with matching reverse headstock and maple fretboard, am I asking for too much?

Cheers! Jim

Love the yellow, but prefer the green myself... The 560 was a luck shot i did some work for a guy and he handed it over to me. It was mid project type of thing that was never finished. But i was able to get her looking alot better.
Quote by which ones pink
Buy a reversed-headstock Wizard II on eBay. Problem solved.

I would if there were a maple fretboard with sharktooth like the 350MDX in reverse.
Believe me I'm scanning eBay like a Terminator but the closest thing I can find is the 350DX rosewood fb.

And I would have to buy the whole guitar
Those EMG lites sicken me. I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Paul Gilbert necks are pretty rare these days also.

I like the Prestige RGR1570 but then I would have to refinish it with bookmatched AAAA figured maple veneer, matching HS, Antique Violin finish .
I know, I'm super picky! but I would do it and that means about 2 months before I could play it.
Although the idea is now in my head........ .
Noob to UG, not guitar
SuperSaijin 4 Guitar
I Bought a Ibanez RGR370DX black Last December. My problem is I've a hard time to tune. This is the case I start tunning the E (base), A,D. This is okey but when I start tunning B, G and A the tune for E(base), A & D is changing tune. Why is it like this? Is there something wrong with the spring for the tremolo? Can you give an advise please? Thanks in advance.
I know it's more of a beginner level RG, but there have been GC exclusive reverse headstock HSH RGs for a few years now. I think they're RG5EX or something.
Quote by jeffroc
I Bought a Ibanez RGR370DX black Last December. My problem is I've a hard time to tune. This is the case I start tunning the E (base), A,D. This is okey but when I start tunning B, G and A the tune for E(base), A & D is changing tune. Why is it like this? Is there something wrong with the spring for the tremolo? Can you give an advise please? Thanks in advance.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 Read through there and follow the tuning method, and if you have any further issues then post in that thread. And don't bump up old dead threads that aren't relevant to your issue.
Regarding my Queries I've solved the problem. That's why I can't tune easily one of the existing spring is quite old due to long stock maybe. So I replaced one of the spring with the spare spring and it works.