I know that they only make them in Les Paul style, but I saw Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) say that he had one in SG form. I dont know if he was joking or not, but I was wondering if anyone here knew if there was such thinng as a Gibson Robot in SG form.
well, lolcats certainly lives up to his title.

and for that, i am proud of you.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
lol. I know. I searched on there and I didnt really find anything, but I just wanted to see if you guys caught word of one or something.
I posted about this yesterday... at least about the Robot SG. There's a Robot Les Paul Studio now, too.
Wow, hadn't noticed those had come out.

I will take back everything bad I've ever said about the Studio if I can get my hands on either of those. Dear god I've been praying for Gibson to do a purple finish for years.

Though it's a bit weird of them to use the Special and Studio models. The robot features are things wanted on a guitar for live performance, and nobody would ever use a Special or Studio for actual gigging. I would have thought they'd sell more if they stuck the robot stuff on a Standard SG and LP.
Quote by bokuho
Wow, hadn't noticed those had come out.

I will take back everything bad I've ever said about the Studio if I can get my hands on either of those. Dear god I've been praying for Gibson to do a purple finish for years.

Though it's a bit weird of them to use the Special and Studio models. The robot features are things wanted on a guitar for live performance, and nobody would ever use a Special or Studio for actual gigging. I would have thought they'd sell more if they stuck the robot stuff on a Standard SG and LP.

There's nothing wrong with either of those guitars if you get good ones. I don't think there's even a difference between the Robot SG Special and a Standard SG, compared to an SG Special vs. a Standard SG (same pickups, neck binding, inlays, and all that jazz).
im just wondering how reliable that whole tuning system is, and how well it works for alternate tunings...