Like it says in the title, I need a practice amp. It must be, most importantly, cheap!!!

I just bought a Peavey Windsor head, and it's far too loud for dorm room practice, so I need something to play in my room. Something like a Peavey Rage 158 or similar would be perfect.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm in the U.S.

EDIT: Post an asking price and pics if you have them with your offer!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Last edited by darthalal at Mar 19, 2008,
you could waste your money on a practice amp, or you could learn to just turn your amp down between 0 and 1, and lower your bass so it doesnt carry as much.
Guys, I would prefer an MG practice amp over a turned down Windsor. Plus, a halfstack takes up way too much space if you're in a tiny dorm.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
tube amps are not meant to be played 'between 0 and 1'

practice amps are. plus you get other benefits such as a headphone out, etc. might be a little more expensive than just any amp, but I'd recommend a hughes and kettner 15 watt edition blue. if not, check your local craigslist to save on shipping. people are always dumping their old small amps for pretty cheap.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by bite the curb
you could waste your money on a practice amp, or you could learn to just turn your amp down between 0 and 1, and lower your bass so it doesnt carry as much.

... or I can waste my money on a practice amp because I leave my "quarter stack" in the recording studio because it takes up too much space in my room?
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

How much are you looking for for it?
Quote by Dave_Mc

How much?
Quote by Dave_Mc

I might sell you an amp really cheap, only about $45 maybe, but it's a really beginner practice amp. Clean channel and drive channel, 3-band EQ, it's a Fender Frontman 15W. Don't laugh at me ... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Frontman-15G-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480667
Sounds fine, no extraordinarily super sound or anything, but it's fine for a practice amp without effects. Can't sell it yet though, once I get my Roland Cube I'll be able to sell it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
i've got an older fender frontman 15W. instead of the silver fabric face it has black steel mesh.
also instead of the aux input it has an 8ohm external speaker jack. still looks excellent
and works perfect. $50 shipped as long as your not in AK,PR or HI

i've got a squire amp you get in one of those starter pack things. 10 watts, nothing special.
$25?
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
I have the same amp as Lec666 by the way, picture in my profile.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster