Page 1 of 2
so i want a good song that i can cover with my acoustic to be recorded and put on a cd

i listen to basically anything: anything from metallica to fall out boy to the beatles to...the killers

I'm pretty decent at the guitar, but nothing too hard as i need to have the song mastered by thursday

and preferably something with easy vocals because i need to sing it too and i am not the best singer

any suggestions?
Everlong - Foo Fighters.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Soldier's Poem by Muse.

It probably shouldn't be too hard on vocals if you have a good falsetto, and if you're up for a challenge you can try the harmony parts with someone else, or just skip them entirely.
do john mayers version of Message In A Bottle. everyone will think you're a guitar hero.

but seriously do it.
Quote by goldmember1217
Soldier's Poem by Muse.

It probably shouldn't be too hard on vocals if you have a good falsetto, and if you're up for a challenge you can try the harmony parts with someone else, or just skip them entirely.

wow i really like this song...but im sure i can't sing this high sadly

even more so seeing as how im a girl
Quote by guitarmannn

somehow i knew this was going to come up
My Friends - RHCP
It's pretty easy and isnt hard to sing (especially if you're a girl and are already in a higher register)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by xxoo

somehow i knew this was going to come up

You probably shouldn't have mentioned it at all.

Do Everlong or Slow Cheetah.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Anything Bob Dylan.

Knocking on Heaven's Door would be a good one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Everlong - Foo Fighters.

i think i will do this
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Anything Bob Dylan.

Knocking on Heaven's Door would be a good one.

that's actually the first song i ever learned...i love that song

ill consider it
For the widows in paradise- Sufjan Stevens.

Chicks will love you.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Razor- Foo fighters
Everlong- Foo fighters
Betterman- Pearl Jam
Otherside- RHCP
Under the Bridge- RHCP
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
For the widows in paradise- Sufjan Stevens.

Chicks will love you.

im a girl.
creep!

muse already covered it on acoustic, so just go look up the tabs for that version.
if you have a good falsetto, it helps too.
Quote by druz15_UG
Razor- Foo fighters
Everlong- Foo fighters
Betterman- Pearl Jam
Otherside- RHCP
Under the Bridge- RHCP

oh i did razor too, but no vocals. i should do that when i take it again on thursday.

EDIT: did creep too, but i did the dustin kensrue version, not the muse version, which i have never heard. i should look it up.

oh and where can i hear the muse version? i looked on youtube, but it just gave me a really early radiohead version, it sounds like matt bellamy, but its not.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Mar 18, 2008,
well if you wanna have fun then do a tenacious d song if you wanna be serious then here's some suggestions

1. Name by the Goo Goo Dolls, great acoustic song sept the tuning is really messed up, here it is low to high DADGAAE

2. Marigold, buy Nirvana and Foo Fighters, personally I'd go with the Foo version cuz I think it sounds better but that's your opinion

3. Black Hole Sun, by Soundgarden just find a youtube of Chris Cornell doing it

4. Daughters by John Mayer (or any acoustic song By him)
Reduced to mere filth - Job for a cowboy, one I day, I hope to learn how to play this song, and do an acoustic version, would be vury fun.
In this river - zakk wylde (black label society)

So easy to play on acoustic, it's usually on piano but plenty of acoustic tabs for it
Quote by chinkboy7
well if you wanna have fun then do a tenacious d song if you wanna be serious then here's some suggestions

1. Name by the Goo Goo Dolls, great acoustic song sept the tuning is really messed up, here it is low to high DADGAAE

2. Marigold, buy Nirvana and Foo Fighters, personally I'd go with the Foo version cuz I think it sounds better but that's your opinion

3. Black Hole Sun, by Soundgarden just find a youtube of Chris Cornell doing it

4. Daughters by John Mayer (or any acoustic song By him)

i like Name a lot
and i think i could reasonably sing this too
thanks for the tuning also
Quote by xxoo
i like Name a lot
and i think i could reasonably sing this too
thanks for the tuning also

no problem you might break the G string cuz for some reason mine always snaps when I tune it up a whole step but I usually get 2 sets of strings and replace the G string with the B string so it doesn't snap but mebe that's just my guitar
Quote by chinkboy7
no problem you might break the G string cuz for some reason mine always snaps when I tune it up a whole step but I usually get 2 sets of strings and replace the G string with the B string so it doesn't snap but mebe that's just my guitar

why not just use a capo? i never take my acoustic anywhere with out my capo. i use it for a ton of songs.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
creep!

muse already covered it on acoustic, so just go look up the tabs for that version.
if you have a good falsetto, it helps too.

Are you sure? Muse usually cover Zep and RATM, I don't think they've ever done a Radiohead cover, unless it was in the years before they got signed (1994-1997).
any jack johnson song and here comes the sun by the beatles
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
Quote by aaron6890
why not just use a capo? i never take my acoustic anywhere with out my capo. i use it for a ton of songs.

well if you looked at the tuning of the song a capo is pretty much useless
cabron - RHCP
the ladies will literally be sucking your wang afterwards
Quote by goldmember1217

Are you sure? Muse usually cover Zep and RATM, I don't think they've ever done a Radiohead cover, unless it was in the years before they got signed (1994-1997).

they played it in houston when they toured with MCR... i dont know if theres a recorded version, but it sounded really good acoustic. im sure radioheads acoustic one isnt too different.

what songs by zep and ratm did they cover? id love to hear matt sing something from ratm.
Quote by pbiggie
cabron - RHCP
the ladies will literally be sucking your wang afterwards

sorry but the TS said that SHE was a chick
Quote by aaron6890
yeah i realized that after typing it, it was just drop D with an A instead of a B, theres no point to putting on a capo.

no problem
My current acoustic song to fool around with right now is:

Landlocked Blues - Bright Eyes

I know I know, Bright Eyes, blah blah blah, but this song has absolutely phenomenal lyrics. And is stupidly simple to play.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
what songs by zep and ratm did they cover? id love to hear matt sing something from ratm.

They usually do Maggie's Farm, Killing In the Name, Township Rebellion, Microphone Fiend, and People of the Sun for RATM, and Heartbreaker and Whole Lotta Love for Zep. But I don't think Matt sings them very often, they usually do them instrumentally as transitions between songs.

And TS, Iron & Wine is all acoustic songs and has average difficulty vocals, for songs, you could try Sodom South Georgia, Teeth in the Grass, or Free Until They Cut Me Down.
Cold Inside - Hurt

Its touching, really.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by goldmember1217
They usually do Maggie's Farm, Killing In the Name, Township Rebellion, Microphone Fiend, and People of the Sun for RATM, and Heartbreaker and Whole Lotta Love for Zep. But I don't think Matt sings them very often, they usually do them instrumentally as transitions between songs.

And TS, Iron & Wine is all acoustic songs and has average difficulty vocals, for songs, you could try Sodom South Georgia, Teeth in the Grass, or Free Until They Cut Me Down.

im so youtubing that ****.

thats a good idea too. they have a nice version of such great heights...
Page 1 of 2