I've been rocking out with a friend here who's been playing for 12 years and he knows everything there is to know. He came to my house and wrote an epic tune on GP without a guitar handy, I asked him how he does it, he told me theory.

Now I ask him, what chord could I use here? He'll go, ah use c5. I know, well at least now I know that it's x35. But where can I learn this stuff? He also said when learning writing isn't the first thing thats taught;

"but in reality, to be good, and not just normal at writing, you'll need to learn scales (major, minor, both pentatonic, loads of minor modes) chords, chord types, chord names, inversions, progressions, etc."

Now I know I should be taking lessons and theres a dude around here thats great, but summers coming up and he doesn't offer them in the summer. Next year I plan to.

But is there a good site anywhere that I could read up on everything and just take in as much info as I can starting with the beginning of theory?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Hes starting college next year and he wants me to pay him I mean I could, I guess.. But I'd rather pay for the teacher who taught a bassist that was once in Megadeth.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch