OK, so i know there was an I Am Legend thread a while back, but i searched and could not find it so i'm just making a new one.

Has anybody seen the alternate ending to the movie? if you have just tell me what you think of it and discuss.

**SPOILER**
for those of you that have not seen it but want to, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMWqV5iKY8k
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Last edited by All_Hands_Dead at Mar 18, 2008,
Great movie overall, but the regular ending is way less Hollywood and way better.
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
The ending of the book was the best.

They really kind of bastardized it in a lot of ways.
i still need to read the book
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Someone posted this before, I liked this ending less.

In the book Neville was really the last man alive and he died.

The film really **** all over the original vision of the story.
Wait, I don't even understand what happened in that alternate version? He detonated some bombs and destroyed them all, without hurting himself?

That's even worse then the original ending !AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
They didn't want to be cured?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The regular ending was way better.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I like the book the best. But for the movie, the original ending made for a better movie.
Who dat?
The movie was such a huge Hollywood disappointment. The whole concept was Neville became the "Dracula" he feared the vampires to be. He became the monster he fought so hard to stop. This movie was complete crap and a disgrace to the book. Book aside, the movie was okay, unless you've read the book.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
If the original ending didn't have the narration, I probably would have loved the movie instead of just liking it alot.

The alternate ending, while a bit more ambiguous than the original, didn't make much sense within the context of the movie.

But, while I've only skimmed through the graphic novel (for shame!), I must say the literary ending is much better.
If the movie was not supposed to be "I AM LEGEND" it would be great.

but it is nothing liek the book.

I Liked this ending better. It seemed like "Oh ****, lets cut this bitch off" and had more closure.
Wow, that ending was horrible. The original was better, even though it wasn't too great either.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
in the book does the lady even show up and save him? or is it really just him, he dies, the end.
Quote by farcry
in the book does the lady even show up and save him? or is it really just him, he dies, the end.

There's a woman, but she's one of the vampires pretending to be human.

She lets them in, they take him away and execute him.
Quote by freedoms_stain
There's a woman, but she's one of the vampires pretending to be human.

She lets them in, they take him away and execute him.

She doesn't let them in. She falls in love with Neville, knocks him out, escapes but leaves him a note explaining everything. He decided not to fight and let them take him, but sees how brutal they are to the undead vampires (which they are not undead, and have formed a new society) fights back and is wounded and captured. He then looks out the window of his cell and sees how all the new population fears him. He then realized he is a legend; he is the evil that stalks the vampires in their sleep and kills them.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
edit: ^^^oh... why in the hell didn't they put that in the movie... ffs, now I have to read the book
Quote by i have to pee
She doesn't let them in. She falls in love with Neville, knocks him out, escapes but leaves him a note explaining everything. He decided not to fight and let them take him, but sees how brutal they are to the undead vampires (which they are not undead, and have formed a new society) fights back and is wounded and captured. He then looks out the window of his cell and sees how all the new population fears him. He then realized he is a legend; he is the evil that stalks the vampires in their sleep and kills them.

I knew I was getting something wrong, it's been over 3yrs since I read it.

I'm also sort of getting the story of the Omega Man mixed up in there.
Quote by farcry
edit: ^^^oh... why in the hell didn't they put that in the movie... ffs, now I have to read the book

Because mankind being wiped out and a new society of vampires executing the last human, who has become the legend of Dracula, isn't what I'd call a happy ending. Now, a great ending with a lot of meaning? Why yes. Also, Neville was not the super concerned scientist Will Smith was either. He was an ill-tempered alcoholic, whom was full of emotion at first then became very dulled to them over the years he spent surviving.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Because mankind being wiped out and a new society of vampires executing the last human, who has become the legend of Dracula, isn't what I'd call a happy ending. Now, a great ending with a lot of meaning? Why yes. Also, Neville was not the super concerned scientist Will Smith was either. He was an ill-tempered alcoholic, whom was full of emotion at first then became very dulled to them over the years he spent surviving.

Self-taught himself bacteriology though, bacterial infection in the book, no?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Self-taught himself bacteriology though, bacterial infection in the book, no?

He read a medical textbook on it, but was hardly a scientist like the Neville in the movie. And the reason for the bacteria was never explained in the book. Also, he was always infuriated by his research because "vampires aren't real" and some things cannot be explained by science. He does come up with an interesting theory on crosses though.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
you have to take into account that the movie was based on the book and assumed the same name as the book

adaptations are kind of funny that way, as long as something is "based on" something else, it can stray as far away from the original as the writer wants it to as long as the basic elements are preserved
Quote by 159876432
you have to take into account that the movie was based on the book and assumed the same name as the book

adaptations are kind of funny that way, as long as something is "based on" something else, it can stray as far away from the original as the writer wants it to as long as the basic elements are preserved

But the only elements from the book that remained were zombies, "last" human alive, and the title. The book focused solely on Neville's emotional and physical struggle then gave meaning to it all with a warning. You can easily become that which you fear in the right (or wrong) circumstances. The movie had no meaning at all except maybe everyone lives happily ever after.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝