Poll: Metallica's black album. Great or crappy album.
Poll Options
View poll results: Metallica's black album. Great or crappy album.
Look it's great, just nowhere near their previous classics.
24 63%
Hell ya it's a great album, I'll fight whoever says otherwise.
6 16%
Dude it SUCKS anyway you look at it.
8 21%
Voters: 38.
I say it's ******* great. Objectively, if you look at it, it is a great album.....If you take a guy who has never listened to Metallica's previous classics and make him listen to this album, then he will indeed say it's great.
Of course it's fantastic. It's their 2nd best behind Kill'em All.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by The Arch Enemy
What? second best?

what?

IMO it goes: ...AJFA>Master Of Puppets>Ride the Lightning>Kill 'em All>Black Album>ReLoad>Load>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>St. Anger.
Meh, it's what got me into metal and just music in general, but I find it as easily-digested metal, which compared to their earlier albums, kinda sucks major ass. DOES NOT prepare anyone for the thrash band they were.
I think the only song I really enjoyed off it was My Friend of Misery.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I just listen to the first 4 albums and pretend Metallica stopped releasing albums after AJFA. Makes life a bit easier, IMO.
Quote by Iceman 420
Meh, it's what got me into metal and just music in general, but I find it as easily-digested metal, which compared to their earlier albums, kinda sucks major ass. DOES NOT prepare anyone for the thrash band they were.

Exactly. This thread contains 100% truth, I'm just saying by itself it's great, but it's not METALLICA great
I think St. Anger is the best Metallica album. Also, this is in the wrong forum.
<Han> I love Hitler
I voted for the first option. If you directly compare it to their first four, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you accept the fact that it's a different style than the previous albums and just look at it as hard rock rather then thrash metal, it truly is a GREAT album.
Quote by brownstone999
IMO it goes: ...AJFA>Master Of Puppets>Ride the Lightning>Kill 'em All>Black Album>ReLoad>Load>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>St. Anger.

Wrong

KEA>RTL>AJFA>MOP>>>>>Black ALbum>>>>>>>>>Load>Reload>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>St. ANger
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
MOP> anything metallica or any other metal band ever has or ever will make
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Ride the lightning rapes all
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by brownstone999

+1000

LOL at how many ">" signs you used between Load and St. Anger.

Quote by HaKattack
I think St. Anger is the best Metallica album. Also, this is in the wrong forum.

Here... have this:

Quote by druz15_UG
MOP> anything metallica or any other metal band ever has or ever will make

MOP great and >any other metal band but Iron Maiden had or will make.

Iron Maiden fucking rules!!!
it's a very good hard rock album. However when I think of Metallica hard rock isn't really what comes to my mind. So, good album, bad Metallica album.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I think it's awesome, it's just not very Metallica. So, you're bound to be disappointed if you go into the black album expecting Master of Puppets.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I just listen to the first 4 albums and pretend Metallica stopped releasing albums after AJFA. Makes life a bit easier, IMO.

Denial causes cancer you know. But the truth will give you ulcers.

****ed either way you slice.
as for the Black album, it isn't that good. I'm not a big Metallica fan, at all, but you can obviously tell their is a large decline in quality between this crapola and AJFA.
It's a very "straight forward" album, and it lacks the progressive influences of albums like Master of Puppets and ...and Justice for all (which were incredible), but I still really enjoy it. I enjoy most of their newer albums, it just really helps if you don't think of them as metal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It's a good album, stood alone.
In the saga of Metallica, it's where things started to change.

But it's a great album non-the-less.
Quote by Dotpunker89
MOP great and >any other metal band but Iron Maiden had or will make.

Iron Maiden fucking rules!!!

no you ****ing didn't. Master is aight at best, but you can't say its the best metal album of all time. Iron Maiden is good, but they died out like Metallica, because the rain of true metal like Decapitated Rug-****s and Shotgun Ass Blast.

in all seriousness, you can't say that. It automatically discounts Gorguts, Meshuggah, Dodheimsgard, Between the Buried and Me, and a ridiculous of amount of awesome metal.
after giving a round at some other bands, you'll forget who Metallica are.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']no you ****ing didn't. Master is aight at best, but you can't say its the best metal album of all time. Iron Maiden is good, but they died out like Metallica, because the rain of true metal like Decapitated Rug-****s and Shotgun Ass Blast.

in all seriousness, you can't say that. It automatically discounts Gorguts, Meshuggah, Dodheimsgard, Between the Buried and Me, and a ridiculous of amount of awesome metal.

I'll grant you Meshuggah (awesome), but nothing can compare to Master of Puppets as an album, or For Whom the Bell Tolls as a song.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']no you ****ing didn't. Master is aight at best, but you can't say its the best metal album of all time. Iron Maiden is good, but they died out like Metallica, because the rain of true metal like Decapitated Rug-****s and Shotgun Ass Blast.

haha boy could you be wrong. I've listened to hundreds of Metal bands in various forms of Metal, sorry buddy but Metallica are still way up there.
I think Bob Rock was the worst thing to happen to Metallica.

I don't really like any of the albums they produced with him.

I liked the Black album until I heard their previous stuff and realised how big of a drop there was in quality.
Discuss it in the Metallica thread...
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S